rockers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

rockers

Are these type of rocker panels worth buying?

Attachments

• 31inGEgaYGL.jpg
    31inGEgaYGL.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 384

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

in this case , you get what you pay for, the ones you are linking to could be a mess to get in the space you need

They're the same ones from LMC I think, only cheaper... MUCH cheaper until the $26.00 economy shipping... :rolleyes:

LMC wants $39.95 each, btw...

Don't forget the doglegs if they're gone too...

They are probably the same panel everywhere. I used the 2dr equivalent on my sport. I picked it up locally. It looks identical to the ones online. It required minimal trimming on the front side because it hit the front fender, but the rest fit snuggly in place.

Those rocker panels are the slip over ones. Id honestly go with the full oem rocker panel. Thats what im doing this spring after all the winter salt has gone away. The full ones will give you a much better fit and look. My buddy did the slip over ones on his 95 and it didnt turn out to good. Your best bet is to buy the full rockers with the dog leg and the small patch that hides behinh the dog leg. Good luck and its honestly all up to you on how you want to tackel this job. Hope all goes well!!!

Can you even get the full rockers anymore? I know they have doglegs for the 4 doors. They didn't make them, or the doglegs for my 2 door. I had to fab my own inner rockers and doglegs.

Can you even get the full rockers anymore? I know they have doglegs for the 4 doors. They didn't make them, or the doglegs for my 2 door. I had to fab my own inner rockers and doglegs.

I guess I'm confused then (not to hijack the thread). But I thought that what I purchased, in addition to the dog leg that came separate, was the entire rocker...Is it not?

Not too much of a hijack really, we are discussing the differences in his options. I can't speak for certain for a first gens but on a 2nd gen the inner rocker is a separate piece on the backside. So I guess what you got is the full outer rocker, and the other is the slip on. If I would have actually clicked on the link you gave I would have seen this:rolleyes:

Yeah I see that now. It is more complete and probably will fit more snugly. The more new metal the better.

To the OP: Figure out how much panel you will need to remove and buy which one will work for you, most likely the full outer rocker. Just be sure to cut out all the rust you can.
Also inspect the inner rocker on the back side to see if it will need patching.

Yes they do still make the complete OEM rocker panels, the inners (runs down from floor board to pinch welds on bottom of rocker) you do need to fab on your own. A sheet of steel is all you need for that. I havent seen dog legs for a two door or OEM full rockers for a two door. Im actualy going to be buying all my new panels from a local auto body shop. It is a little more expensive but 9 times out of 10 they are oem not repop.
Trust me...ive googled every pannel for my 94 X (michigan rust) :(. Its all avaliable.
Try www.shermanparts.com. Its a main distributor to a lot of body shops. If you guys have other Q's just ask and ill try to help out the best that i can.

Full rocker

rockeroem.jpg

Slip on rocker

rockerslipon.jpg

Dogleg (no longer produced for the 2-door Ex/Navajo)

979148L.gif

Back