• Register Today It's free!

Rough Country Lift

CrazyAlaskan

Reaction score
City, State
Wasilla, Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Limited 4wd
I was looking at possibly getting a Rough Country lift for my explorer come this summer and was looking at the 440H (4 inch lift with Hydro shocks) and putting on some 32s on my ex but I was just curios if any one on here has used this lift and what your comments on it were.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ive had this lift for ~3 years, and other than the shock bushings coming apart, the drivers side axle pivot bracket hitting my diff, and the leaf spring bushins coming apart..again, its been great! lol seriously though, if you arent planning to do any kind of 'hard' wheelin the RC lift is a good, inexpensive choice. Any lift you buy, down the road, it wont be the same kit. You'll start adding on parts, changing your suspension, mix matching parts of lift, etc.., but the RC lift is a good starting point for a beginner IMO.

Same here mine is an every day driver and the lift works great for me.

i had one on my old ranger and the plate that they use to drop the passenger side axle beam put a hole on my diff. imo id spend the extra money and get a kit that completlly replaces the stock passenger axle beam bracket.

i had one on my old ranger and the plate that they use to drop the passenger side axle beam put a hole on my diff. imo id spend the extra money and get a kit that completlly replaces the stock passenger axle beam bracket.

can you recommend one that does that please?

Skyjacker is the best currently available (most durable), followed closely by James Duff.

For a cheaper kit, take a look at Tuff Country.

Ive got RC 4" Lift but i paid the diff to get Nitro Shocks, also added Warrior Shackles, then got Skyjacker front sway ext bar links, its a dd and mudder, only problems I have had was the leaf spring bushings tore apart, but they over nighted polyurethane replacements for free, besides that its a good lift for the price. have no complaints, make sure you DO USE the extended bump stop brackets they give you. i currently still have the lift and running 33" tires (had to fender trim)

ive got an RC lift too. its my DD/mudder and its been great for about a year.
i too have had the shock busings come apart and soon will replace the shocks with bilsteins.
the only thing i didnt like about the lift was that it didnt come with extended brake lines. but other then all of that its been durable so far. i drive it 200 miles a week to and from school, then every other weekend its on the trails for about 5 hours. not bad for the $580 i paid. i got the lift with blocks because it was cheapest and i was just going to SOA the thing anyway.
good luck with your choice.

yeah it doesnt come with lines.. i ordered procomp ext lines to make up for it, but i have no complaints on the kit but the bushings.... but those are replaceable.. all kits have their faults

Back