Rowher Flats (So Cal) Feb 1st | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rowher Flats (So Cal) Feb 1st

Originally posted by PYROMANIAC
I was wondering if someone could provide the exact address or name of the location for this saturday. I tried looking it up on the net and it couldn't find Rowher Flats so a little help please. Thnx :chug:
If you're interested in coming this satureday, note that we are meeting at the In-n-Out at the Sand Canyon Exit off of the 14 freeway. That will be easy to find, and then we can all travel together to Rowher Flats, so no one gets lost.

In-n-Out Adddress:
28368 Sand Canyon Rd.
Santa Clarita, CA 91351

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sounds great but I dont think my baby could make it since its 4x4 isnt engaging properly and i have no mods yet, but I want to give it a shot anyway or at least tag along.

Pyro

Yeah, if your 4x4 isn't working, it's definitely not a good idea to attempt this trail. I'm sure you could ride along with someone though.

Mike

Home
West Babylon, NY
11704-5524 US

You Guys
28368 Sand Canyon Rd
Santa Clarita, CA
91387-5319 US

Total Distance: 2883.27 miles Total Estimated Time: 46 hours, 40 minutes

ok i will see you guys in about 3 weeks =) wait for me!!

Originally posted by Mikke
Home
West Babylon, NY
11704-5524 US

You Guys
28368 Sand Canyon Rd
Santa Clarita, CA
91387-5319 US

Total Distance: 2883.27 miles Total Estimated Time: 46 hours, 40 minutes

ok i will see you guys in about 3 weeks =) wait for me!!
LOL

Count me in!

I'll be there!:D Anything I need to know or bring, besides the norm.

Alright, This looks to be quite a few people:

Jefe
John (Bro of Jefe)
-Friend #1
-Friend #4
-Friend #2
JoBunn
-Friend #3
Stic-o
-Friend #5
Gopher
Brans Freestyle ?
PYROMANIAC ?
Mikke (Running a little late) :D

Looks like fun :bounce: :bounce:

I will have open seats if anyone wants to leave their ride at the bottom (or partway up the trail if you really want to try it since we will be coming back out the way we came in).

JEFE!!! WHAT ABOUT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dad may come?

He was talking about it, but I don't think he will. He wanted to try out his Zuki!! It's set up pretty nice! :D

WOOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)

I am leaving for San Diego later tonight, but I'll be up here in northridge again tomorrow, I am wondering if the rendez-vous is still at the In N' Out off of Sand Canyon at 11:30. If so just give some heads up. Oh and since I my sweetheart can't make it, is there still space? one or two seats?

Originally posted by PYROMANIAC
I am leaving for San Diego later tonight, but I'll be up here in northridge again tomorrow, I am wondering if the rendez-vous is still at the In N' Out off of Sand Canyon at 11:30. If so just give some heads up. Oh and since I my sweetheart can't make it, is there still space? one or two seats?

Yep it's still on for 11:30 if you wanna eat lunch first. I have a seat available and there will be plenty others.

I figured that we'd raise the bar here with our SoCal Explorer group

Dash plaques are available for everyone that runs the trail: :D

Attachments

• rowher flats plaque.jpg
    rowher flats plaque.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 195

I won't be able to make it out. Our dryer died and i have to help my dad bring the new one home tomorrow. Have a good time. I'd like to make it out to truckhaven again before terra del sol though.

Dash Plaques

Hey, I want one for our last run in September! :D

Mike

That was fun. It ended up being Stic-O and I and 6(?) Jeeps. We ran into Jobunn and friend on the trail (We ran the trail backwards of what he was expecting).
The first 1 1/2 hours was spent getting a Jeep not from our group off the trail since he broke his rear driveshaft and didn't know what the heck he was doing.
I don't have any pics since I didn't bring along a digital cam. :( Hopefully someone else has some to post.

Any suggestions for our next trail get-together?

Next Trail Run?

I guess the obvious choices would be Lookout Trail or Deer Trail, depending on the difficulty requested.

Or we try again for Rowher Flats and get some more Explorers involved, maybe run it the other direction?

After the snow melts, we could go for Miller J**p Trail and/or Lockwood.

I know we had a great time! Let's do it again soon!

I was thinking?

Couuld we have Exporers next on are EXPLORER run?:rolleyes: :D I felt like the odd man out! Even that stocker jeep almost kicked my ass! Stupid L/S!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good job on setting these trips up Jefe and Brother. They are a lot of fun if I can just get to one of them. I was running late so I just though I'd meet you guys there and have time to air down and disconnect swaybars. I would have jumped in line with you guys but I had a bone to pick with that first section off of Bouquet Canyon on Rowher trail.

Stic-o, keep coming to these runs I am a fairly stocker Explorer so you wouldn't have felt so left out.

I'd really like to follow you guys up Miller Jeep Trail, Lockwood, Yellowjacket, and of course Lookout trail. Just let me know. I'll post too when I make it out again in the next couple of weeks after I shave my gas tank skid plate to stop the springs from rubbing.

Back