• Register Today It's free!

Rubicon wheels

CasterTroy

Reaction score
City, State
Kernersville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLT Exp V8
So I found some pretty cheap. Rashed up pretty bad, but after some sanding and paint.....they look fine.

I also filled in the center caps to make them smooth

Anyway....here is before and after just so people can see a stock gen 3 with rubi wheels

These are 255/70/16 both on the original wheels and the rubi wheels.

I drive this daily and wear about 20k a year on tires so that's why I didn't go with an aggressive tire

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice work! Those wheels look really good on your X. :salute:

They look like they stick out a bit much..did you use spacers?

I like the look of those, do they bolt right on? or did you have to do any modifications?

Thanks everyone

they stick out 3/4" further than the stockers.....no spacers were used.

No mods whatsoever. I was certain I'd have to grind down the rear axles to make the back center caps go on, but they popped right on without any trouble.

It took me a few minutes to get use to the look, and YES it would look a lot meaner with some MTR's and maybe 3" of lift....but that will come once I get another vehicle and can retire this one to the driveway for occational use and not daily driving. Right now this is what I drive to work and what the family piles in when we go somewhere.....also pulls duty as the trip rig and trailer puller....so had to go with some quiet Michelins.

I actually like the stockers better. I just wish I could get them in a 5x5.5.

I really like this look :thumbsup:

plus the rim offset looks great !

Those look great. Reminds me of the night some of my buddies set on the side of the 4wheeling rd for over an hour after a buddy cut the sidewall out of a tire on his ranger. They finally decided to try the spare off my buddy's jeep. They talked to me later, I was like I knew it would work. They were so mad.

STU

Dude I love the look of those rims only thing I would do is black them out. Even as such they look great didn't think stock rims would be so nice.

Dude I love the look of those rims only thing I would do is black them out. Even as such they look great didn't think stock rims would be so nice.

I second that. They look awesome already, but the black would look amazing

Back