Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

donkey boy

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Rome, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 WJ
I had the chance to drive a couple of rounds with the Wrangler Rubicon at Camp Jeep. Man is that thing nice. :D I have driven a lot of different 4x4 over the last 15 years, but never anything similar. The 4:1 transfer case makes the biggest part of the great capability of the Rubi as - more with the stick shift than with the auto - you can just let it CRAWL over obstacles without even touching the gaspedal. But the lockers are not bad either ;) It could need a little bit more hight under the belly, but for a stock, out of the box 4x4, this rig is excellent, incredible, amazing, absolutely outstanding. Screw my old Defender :D

If you ever get the chance to drive a Rubi somewhere, take advantage of it.

No go and flame ahead if you feel like :D

So you going to trade in the WJ?? With DC's o% financing and a new warranty it does look tempting ...No?

Originally posted by SteveVB
So you going to trade in the WJ?? With DC's o% financing and a new warranty it does look tempting ...No?
:eek: Don't even go there! :D Yes I'm thinking about it but that darn thing is just to small to double as a family vehicle what it has to. In spring to early summer next year, DC will bring a lwb Wrangler. They officially just announced the pick-up version (Scrambler), but a DC engineer told me that he thinks that there will also be a 4 seater, full soft top version which is what I'm looking for. I'm not sure if the lwb, if it comes, will come as Rubi. And I'm also not sure if there will be any 0% financing next year. :rolleyes: But for now, I just see and wait.

Rubis are sweet. Get one, you will not regret it!

Back