Running boards | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Running boards

The problem I have had when you putting running boards on vehicles like this is the board is Soo close to the body unlike a truck where it is more spaced.

So when you step into the board, you are so close to the bottom of the door that you baby step in and it feels so wired as opposed to a truck where you step up and then step inside.

I'd find myself not using the boards on vehicles this height because of the ackward step up.
The problem with my wife (bad hip) it is nearly 20" to clear the top of the door sill.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The problem with my wife (bad hip) it is nearly 20" to clear the top of the door sill.
I have seen several with running boards so it should not be hard to find. They look nice also

The Steelcraft running boards arrived today. They are now on.

20210729_120157.jpg

20210729_124311.jpg

20210729_152414.jpg

20210729_152438.jpg

They look good. Hope they help your wife and she likes them.

They look good. Hope they help your wife and she likes them.
She's already given them a test ride. 👍👍

I do understand that they aren't needed for the majority of the people. But when you have a stubborn wife that won't get hip replacement surgery, they are perfect.

Looks real nice… That’s how it should’ve came from the factory 👍🏻
While I agree they look very nice, keep in mind that the majority of people don't need them or want them. They should, however, be a dealer installed option.

Peter

While I agree they look very nice, keep in mind that the majority of people don't need them or want them. They should, however, be a dealer installed option.

Peter
The only problem I see with the runningboards is that I’m only 6‘1“ and on my 2020 Limited I do not have runningboards I can’t tell you how many times I have smacked the top of my head on the opening of the vehicle while getting in the driver seat I can just imagine how far I would have to bend over if I stood up on a running board. I guess that’s the way that opening of the door is shaped on the 2020 explore

She's already given them a test ride. 👍👍

I do understand that they aren't needed for the majority of the people. But when you have a stubborn wife that won't get hip replacement surgery, they are perfect.
If the wife wants them the wife gets them … Happy wife happy life.

If the wife wants them the wife gets them … Happy wife happy life.
Married 46 years....... That's one thing I figured out a long time ago. 😉

I can imagine these being very helpful for some folks.
I see bruised shins and ankles for the rest of us. Glad they're not standard issue.

Your thread was moved to this one on the same topic. Post #11 also has a link for the item. As far as I know, there aren't any members who have posted about installing them on the 6th gen yet.

Peter
Hi, I have a 2021 Explorer ST that I picked up a week or so back. As part of my deal, I had the dealer install DeeZee running boards before I picked up the vehicle. I think they look pretty good.

No issues so far....

Hi, I have a 2021 Explorer ST that I picked up a week or so back. As part of my deal, I had the dealer install DeeZee running boards before I picked up the vehicle. I think they look pretty good.

No issues so far....
Pictures??

Those look great!

Those look good from a visual perspective. I like them better then chrome.
When there isn't any bright work on the vehicle, I agree.

I installed Snaifly ones last year that I got from here
they look great and am happy with them.

20210220_154112.jpg

20210220_154117.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do they have a metal finish? If so, I don't know how they would stand up to ice, freezing rain and snow around here. Haven't seen that brand before.

Peter

Back