• Register Today It's free!

running boards

michael66

Reaction score
City, State
angola
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 ford explorer limted
i have a 2010 ford explorer limted 4.0 4x4 with rear ac and 75,000 miles on it and i bought it from an older person who took the power running boards off now i am tring to find standard running boards to fit and everyone tells me i cannot put standard running boards on it , why bolt pattern under neath looks like it should bolt up and ac lines on pass. side dont seem to be in way so? thanks i would really appericate any help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I took mine off within a year of owning my X. Damn things got in the way too often.:)

My 2009 Limited has non power running boards with rear a/c. They will absolutely fit.

My 2009 Limited has non power running boards with rear a/c. They will absolutely fit.
i have sent pics to APS and title numbers to make sure it will fit i think you are right but i hate to spend 328.00 and not have it work thank you very much

i have sent pics to APS and title numbers to make sure it will fit i think you are right but i hate to spend 328.00 and not have it work thank you very much
PM me your vin number and I will see what your vehicle originally came with.

PM me your vin number and I will see what your vehicle originally came with.
i have all ready ran it thru ford parts dept and got a print out on it it came with everything under the sun including power steps and i did not know at the time they came with running boards so i did not think about them not working any more and that is why they were removed this is the first explorer i have ever had i love it it is simple to work on so far and drives great and handles good and 4 wheel works great and 4.0 pers . thank you

I'm surprised that it came with power steps. I was under the impression that Ford stopped installing them after 2008. That's why I wanted to run your vin.

I'm surprised that it came with power steps. I was under the impression that Ford stopped installing them after 2008. That's why I wanted to run your vin.
[they came with it and only drivers side is available cannot find pass side so far any where and they took the brackets witch is just about impossible to get new

they were special order and are very hard to find

Our 07 EB came with power running boards that were of course stuck down. Took them off, got OEM running boards from a junk yard from another Eddie Bauer, and put them on in 30 minutes.
The only difference is that the power boards are attached on the first and third mounting points. The middle one is not used. The fixed one use all 3 locations but they exits already on the body, so all you need is I believe, six M 8x1.25 short bolts with nuts (3 per side).
And it has rear AC.

They'll fit (with or without rear A/C)
The hard thing is putting power boards on an Expo that didn't come with them.
Power boards were a standalone option on the 08 EB and Limited, and 09-10 Limited.

They'll fit (with or without rear A/C)
The hard thing is putting power boards on an Expo that didn't come with them.
Power boards were a standalone option on the 08 EB and Limited, and 09-10 Limited.
i put grease inside the ele. connections and taped them up and silicon-ed them shut so it cannot short out and if ever needed it can be used

If you frequently oil all the hinge pin in the running boards, they won't stick. If stuck, you may have to remove and standing on end to get oil to penetrate and free up.

If you frequently oil all the hinge pin in the running boards, they won't stick. If stuck, you may have to remove and standing on end to get oil to penetrate and free up.
thank you but motor is shot and i am replacing them now APS said there product will work.

thank you but motor is shot and i am replacing them now APS said there product will work.
There is a thread on here that specs replacement motors from Amazon should you want to keep them.

Here are the links if you need them.

Here are the links if you need them.

thanks so much i appericate it

Be careful when driving the motor shafts out of the running board brackets. They are very brittle and just crack. Use some type of C clamp or bearing puller. Using hammer can end up breaking them.

Don't ask how I know :)
Once you get it working, they are supposed to be lubricated periodically with garage door opener spray.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back