• Register Today It's free!

running issue question

Lifted92

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Orion, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 sport
i have a 92 sport and im a little stumped. i just finished doing the valve seals on it and did the head gaskets. after putting it all back together i turn the key it fired right up idled at about 650 700 rpms. as it was running i heard a vacuum leak coming from the brake booster hose to the tree on the manifold. i like an big dumby pulled the hose off to put the clamp on it and it stalled:rolleyes: i put the hose back on with the clamp turned the key and the motor turned over and over but no fire. i help the throttle down and turn the key after turn about 6 times it fired but wouldn't idle.<--bad iacv. replaced it turn key help throttle and started idled hi. after getting out of work walked out turn key fired right up had hi idle around 1600 rpm put it in gear drops to 650 700 rpm. push the gas and stalls out. ive test the fuel pressure with key on is about 30 psi while running 32 and mid throttle 33 34. when i put it in gear while running and it stalls it will not start back up. ive checked my vacuum lines over again and all the connections are good. i am not sure if there is any lines going to the trans not sure if it might be a cause. any ideas guys please!

i replaced the tps about 2 weeks ago when my heater hose had a pin hole leak and sprayed coolant all over it and it started to lag on acceleration. it started to run better but due to bad valve seals it burned a lot of oil. when it would not start i tested the spark and its strong. what is the proper torque specs for the lower manifold. i read in 3 different places 3 different torque specs. i used the ones in my Haynes manual.

Back