• Register Today It's free!

rust problems

paverman

Reaction score
City, State
danbury,ct
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 sport
I have a 94 explorer sport front spring hangers on leaf springs are rotting away. I have looked everywhere I even have a relative who works for Ford and can't find them anywhere can anyone help me out. Thanks.

Can you take a picture and post what your'e talking about?

Also, I believe leaf springs, and probably any related hard ware like shackle and possibly the "front spring hanger" should be compatible from any First Generation Explorer. Some will tell you they aren't, but I've read numerous times on here where they are.

They probably aren't available seperately since they might be considered part of the frame/chassis, but they do make radius arm brackets so....you never know.

You can probably source these at a salvage yard if you find one willing to drill/grind off the mounting rivets for you or someone in the for sale forum who's parting out.

Custom is always an option, too. It might even be a relative bargain to have custom hangers fabbed out of 1/4" steel at an off-road shop.

If your hangers are that badly rusted, you should probably replace the shackles, too.

Back