• Register Today It's free!

Saleen Explorer??

RJXplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Columbia, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Exploder Sport
OK i was wondering if anyone had a Saleen Explorer? I absolutely LOVE them! Do they drive as well as they look? How fast is it stock? Was it worth the investment? Have you modified it at all? I am thinking about getting one, so let me know what you think of yours, or if you have ever driven one.
THX in advance!

------------------
RJXplorer
'94 XLT - 30" BFG AT's
Dynamax Exhaust
K&N Air Filter
Modified Air Box
"The faster she goes, maybe the cops won't see me!"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My friend has one I think it is a 96' or newer. He has gotten his to take corners almost as fast as his 93' Cobra. The only reason my Explorer is lowered is b/c I saw his. His is a limited awd. He did not buy it Saleen but it has everything a Saleen has + more. He has done 80 mph on a curvy road that when I did it in my dads 735 BMW I was in a full drift, intoxicatingly fun! Play with your dad's $65,000 car and you will know what fun is. But yes the Saleen is very fast and my friend can tell you more about this. Give him a call at Sound Minds # 318-869-0081 and tell him I told you about it. Make sure you call during business hours.

Clayton Burris

hey I too was just looking at the 2000 Saleen explorer. The black one is beautiful. I was wondering I have been looking all over for a more aggressive street bumper/front spoiler, side skirts, and rear bumper. I love the ones on the saleen. Do they sell them? just the parts. I have a '99 sport. I guess the side skirts wouldnt fit, unless they make them for a 2 door also. But the bumpers should. Well just wondering. I am trying to make my truck look nice for summer ;-) Anyone know any cheap saleen dealers? Thanks
Jason

------------------
'99 Sport SOHC Auto
K&N FIPK, Borla Exhaust
Bosch 4+'s, Lowered 2 inches,
Eldebrock shocks,
Sony Mobile Es head unit,
Sony 1/2 din Equalizer,
10 disc ES cd changer,
6 disc MD changer,

Well, I looked into the Saleen Body kit a few months ago and it wasn't pretty. The only place I could find to get it from was Saleen. The prices were as follows:

front bumper cover--$500
rear bumper cover--$560
rear spoiler--$500
side skirts(4dr only)--$840

Total--$2400!!!!!(plus paint and labor)

Needless to say, I gave up on the Saleen kit in search of something more economical.

I wonder if JBHexplorer ever found anything more economical? LOL

Too bad we didn't know about the Saleen parts back then. I would have bought 5 kits to hold on to and sell later!!!

haha thats awesome... i didnt even look at the dates of the posts, jsut read them, and was thinkin to myself, alright, when is someone going to step in and tell them how much the parts really cost, and where to get them... haha thats funny...
--bryan

Wow, you guys are reviving some OLD threads .... I wonder if they even own explorers anymore !!

Yea, all of you guys have made huge progress since then. Haha, I remember BM's first lowering write-up with before and after pics. Bless. :)

Back