Saleen Monster (F-150) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Saleen Monster (F-150)

Black Magic, tell your buddy there that he has caused a little stir over at f150world.com... Ip osted those pics there... everyone likes his truck :).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the first lighting test motors where 4v motors like what the gt-40 has now the only problem was it made to much power and was faster then the cobra's and they have a rule that the truck can not be alowed to be faster then there best sport car. my friend worked at ford racing and said he saw a couple of them. to reduce power they stuck the junk 2v heads on which is what limits the lighting motors now.

Apparently the "nothing shall be faster than the Cobra" rule was broken. Look at MM&FF, their 2001 Lightning was a few hundredths quicker than the cobra. I've been reading over and over again that when people ask SVT about the RT/10 SVT says they'll be ready to answer if they actually make that truck. I think the GT40 engine will likely go in the Ls if the RT/10 comes out. I've also heard about a 5spd auto as opposed to the current 4spd.

That Saleen F150 is pretty sweet. Must be packin some SERIOUS power to do that from 30mph. I've seen a vid of a Lightning with a shift kit laying rubber on the 2-3 shift, pretty impressive.

Yeah that 500 HP Viper engine, is nothing to laugh at, and also the SRT-10 is doing the skidpad in porsche territory. especially since it has 24 INCH WHEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its one bad ass truck.. I really hope Ford answers dodge, this could be a battle that lasts for a long time. I wonder why chevy doesnt come out with something to contend with em?

There was a SRT-10 at the Detroit Autorama I went to back in Feb. I thought I had taken a pic of it, but I guess not. That is one UGLY, UGLY UGLY UGLY truck. The 24" rims look absolutely ridiculous, it's not lower at all, there is NO way it can skidpad with anything thats sporty. That is a straight line truck and that is it.

Back