Salt Lake trails

biggs85

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Salt Lake, Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Eddie Bauer
I was wondering if there was anyone that knew of some good 4wheeling trails in the Salt Lake area. If anyone lives in Salt Lake you know probably know what I'm talking about when I say the big "B" in Bountiful. Well that's the only place I can find that has some decent trails and they're not even that decent. So if anyone knows of any places it would be great because driving about 5 hours to get to Moab isn't the funnest thing.

There are a few trails on the west side of Utah lake, about an hour away from you. I used to live in Sandy until about 2 years ago. There are some good trails in American Fork canyon. To get there: take I-15 South to the Alpine/Highland exit. Go East on Hwy92 until you reach the Uinta National Forest and Timanogos Cave National Monument (Fee area). The Alpine Loop ORV and Recreation Area is to the left past the Cave. The nearest town is Highland. This area is about 1 hour from Salt Lake City. Lots of switchbacks that are fun. Heres a site that explains about the trails there Dead Link Removed
ANother good one is the Little Sahara sand dunes

Back