• Register Today It's free!

SAS Coil Springs?

Bronco II

Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburg, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
Bronco II, 1987 & 1988
I just bought a 78 Bronco Dana 44 front axle & radius arms for one of my Bronco IIs. My question is for you guys using the stock radius arm Dana 44 front ends. I want to use the stock coil buckets on the B2 chassis & the stock coil buckets on the Dana 44. I'm looking for about 6" to 8" of lift. I know lots of people use E.B. coils, but which ones are the softest? I don't want a stiff set of coils.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

one of my friends is running cage coils in the front of his X and a SOA in the rear, and his rides like a cadillac

Myself, KirbyN, and at least on other person are running BCBronco 6.5" lift EB coils with full height coil buckets. All of us have been very satisfied with their ride and performance.

That is the ticket, I used WildHorses4x4.com 5.5" lift coils, buckets and shock mounts. This way you can move your axle forward 1-2" for help getting the tire out of the front fender and pick the height of where the truck sits based on how high you mount the bucket.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100935
is my writeup.

Nice write up, it helps explain a lot of things I needed to know about SAS into the smaller truck frame, most write ups in detail are for full size trucks. I'm planning on keeping my Dana 44 full width, I've already got a full width 8.8" so there won't be any problems with the lug patterns like if I went to a Explorer rear axle. I'm gonna be reworking my radius arms to be more like the Wild Horses Extreme Radius Arms, except I'm gonna use Johnny Joints instead of the stock radius arm bushing. I think I will make some tube shock towers though, like the Wild Horses Extreme Front Shock Hoops, but just for one shock per side.

Back