Scangauge II Review | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Scangauge II Review

171 is on the high side of where you want it, ideally it should stay below 160.

That is average with an external cooler and moderate load.
Remeber, this is PAN temperature, so this is what is FEEDING your transmission, after all the cooling. For lower pumping losses (economy), 160-180 is good. 170 is fine.

Just wanted to shoot an update to everyone, I had an issue with my ScangaugeII in the cold weather (temps under 40 wouldn't turn on). After researching a little bit I found this thread in another section of explorerforum

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...d.php?t=303586

Seems like a couple other guys were having the same issue, and contacted Linear Logic where they narrowed it down to a Ford specific component issue.

Hi Everyone,

If you are having issues still in the cold please contact me at joey.snyder@linear-logic.com and we will get your unit switched out for a brand new one with a pre-paid return label to send us back the non-working one.

We discovered that a wrong component was put on the circuit board that wasn't working in the cold, or hot in some cases. Unfortunately this was only affecting Ford vehicles which made it harder to figure out.

Regards,
Joey Snyder
Linear Logic LLC
888-433-5664 x13

I contacted Linear Logic and they sent me out a new unit with "Ford Specific" components to fix the issue. So far so good, it's getting a little warmer now, but it's still sub 40 in the mornings, every start of the sport trac the ScangaugeII has turned on and stayed on! It's running code rev: 4.02

I've been very impressed with the ScangaugeII product and even more satisfied with the Linear Logic customer support. Can't recommend the product enough!

scangaugever3.jpg

Back