Scope's Audio Build Thread | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Scope's Audio Build Thread

Alright! Pulled my sub out today and ran power to my front speakers. So my 4 channel amp is full now!

Ive been thinking and thinking about this and Im pretty confused... but here goes:

Im getting 2 10 inch subs. And running them to a 2 channel amp. The amp has 1 set of RCA inputs, and my headunit has 1 set of RCA out puts. So is all i need to do is run that RCA cable to the amp and then from there run power to the 2 subs and everything be peachy or will i need anything special like splitters?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's from a couple days ago. Just showing how the speakers sound. This is prior to amp setting adjustments. They are playing with my subwoofer settings now which is why you hear the little "Burp" when the bass starts to peak.

Ordered My box today... we'll see how long it takes to get here :)

Sounds good man! :thumbsup:

Sounds good man! :thumbsup:

Its sad, but without my sub, all 4 of my speakers powered sounds just as punchy... I think Im gunna be blown away when I have 2, new, and properly powered subs :D Im pretty stoked for the next couple pay checks

Did you get the new box yet? very interested to see how well the back seat lock in the up position with it and how it fits overall before I drop the coin on it.

Sames :)

Haven had time to install it yet. The guy on the phone designed the box and said the seat will fold up properly and lock. I'm getting hammered with homework and practice for college paintball finals coming up. Waiting on my return check for the amp and subs too... Maybe when those come in I'll make time and do it all in one day :)

Could you take measurements and post them do I can see how much space it'll take?

Ill try next week. Dont forget I live in a tiny dorm room and all my stuff is at my house :\

subbox1.jpg

HUGE BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3D Model will come when I finish moving out of my dorm and after finals! Install pics maybe sunday? Or whenever I can get it installed

Thanks man. Can't wait to see the box installed to see clearances on upright seat, subs to seatback and the top. My truck is still at the shop getting the rearend completely rebuilt, new axles, spiders, clutches, bearings, seals, etc... . I'm going crazy without my truck and having someone else work on it too.

No problem! It's the least I could do fr all the helpful info you've given me!! I have to take my girl to prom tomorrow evening then run around Sunday and ill try an get the box popped in whenever I can. I already removed a lot of the panels back there

Ok! My last final is in about 3 hours, then I'll be moving back home with my scheduled check out date for Friday at 7:30pm Eastern! Then I'll have a week in between school and my summer job so I can get this thing installed and maybe run my 2 gauge wires for the new amp! Really excited to finish this.

Good luck on the final exam man. Have a safe trip home too, there's been alot of F'ed up drivers on the road lately, atleast around here.

Final was rough but I'm sure the curve will help me out :p

I live fairly close to home, campus is a 30 minute country road drive. But thanks Rebel.

I'm going into finals week now. Blows. This is a very distracting website haha :(

Just finished mine tonight. One short paper to write and I'm finished. Thinking about dropping my summer class and taking the full summer off. I was happy about going back to grad school after some time off and now I am burned out again.

A lot of my "study" time has led to me to great truck modification ideas.

Bahaha same for me! I have this list I've been making with the modification and a bulleted list of what Id need, prices, and links to do it. Time is the biggest issue though :( I work 2 jobs all summer long and ref paintball on the weekends to put all the money either in my truck or school.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok well I washed my truck today (1st time since jan.) and found enough time to pop my box in finally!

Here is the rear with the proper panels stripped out. Basically the cargo lid panel, the thick black plastic hinge mount for those useless door things, and the carpet that's back there.
fbe28d32.jpg

Here is the box in there...
fbe28d32.jpg

It's a really really really tight fit. I'm planning on going and trimming a little more off the remaining paneling just to be safe but I'm almost sure it won't help... The seats snap back just fine, but there is a little bit of preload when u fold them open.
a2e0f5b5.jpg

I'm hoping that these shallow mount subs will fit now... Not much room in there. I really hope I don't need to take a router to those and make a recessed collar or something to get them to fit...
As for the other side of the compartment, I plan to make an amp rack for both of my amps to hang, that way they vent better, and if I can manage it, a couple small computer fans to pop in back there to cool them.

Back