Screen not displaying Artist name or song from Ipod | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Screen not displaying Artist name or song from Ipod

explorernoles

Reaction score
City, State
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Limited
Hey guys, so I finally got up the nerve to make my purchase and got a white platinum tri-coat, 301A package, 2012 Limited the other night! I get more and more amazed each time I get in the car.

Anyways, so my Ipod was working fine with the USB and I was able to see the artist/song name and album artwork. Well my brother was playing around with the touch screen today and must have pressed something because now it says "unknown file" and "unknown folder" where the artist name and song are displayed. Although the album artwork is still displayed as usual. I also noticed that when I go the select the artist or album from the main screen, the songs are now displaying in alphabetical order and not by the order on the album.

I tried to google to see if anyone ever had this problem, but didn't have any luck. Anyone have any ideas on how to get this back to how it was originally with the artist name and song being displayed, along with the tracks being back in original order as opposed to alphabetical?

Thanks

I am having the same problem all of the sudden. Before today it worked fine. Anytime I played my ipod in my 2011 Explorer it would show the song, artist and the cover art. Then all of the sudden today it stopped working and shows unknown file, unknown folder. The cover art still shows.

I got the new Sync update from Ford so I thought the problem might go away after I installed that but it didnt. I also tried rebooting my ipod but that had no effect.

I have had no luck finding any solutions with a web search.

Try this:

On your touch screen, maximize your entertainment quadrant. Near the bottom of the screen you'll see a bar going across the entire screen. One choice is "Scan" another is "Direct tune" and there is a third. I don't remember what it says.

Anyway, chances are that the "Direct tune" button is illuminated (meaning active). Touch that again to turn it off and your artist and other info should pop up on the screen. (I hope !! )

Sorry I never responded back to this. Was able to fix it by playing around with the Options tab. Can't remember exactly what I did, but figured it out eventually.

Back