SCT Livewire

jah81592

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Corner, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
Everyone who has a background with the tuning is aware of the ExCal2. Currently SCT has a new handheld flasher called the X3 and Livewire. I get a few calls on this device and feel if i were to highlight a few of the features that maybe I could generate some interest in this product.
If you are the "button pusher type" this is the device for you. It employs some of the similar features as the ExCal2 only more bells and whistles. I have successfully used the Livewire in my truck for the last 5 months. The device features which are the same as the common excal2 is pass through datalogging, ability to hold 3 custom tunes, read-diagnose and clear engine trouble codes.
Other features which aren't available on the ExCal2 is the on screen performance data which is available. 0-60,1/4 mile estimations, on device real time logging, dual analog inputs (for example A/F input,boost, fuel pressure,etc). The Livewire has the capability to monitor anything with a 0-5V reference voltage. This does eliminate the need for external guage pods. You can also set up the Livewire with alert funtions and shift lights. Attached are some pics.

Attachments

• Truck pics 001 internet.JPG
    Truck pics 001 internet.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 427
  • Truck pics 002 internet.JPG
    Truck pics 002 internet.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 419
  • Truck pics 004 internet.JPG
    Truck pics 004 internet.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 435
  • Truck pics 007 internet.JPG
    Truck pics 007 internet.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 423

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

3 more pics-j

Attachments

• Truck pics 008 internet.JPG
    Truck pics 008 internet.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 409
  • Truck pics 012internet.JPG
    Truck pics 012internet.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 422
  • Truck pics 025 internet.JPG
    Truck pics 025 internet.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 409

So what's the price? I'm itching to upgrade from my XCal1 unit...the little box with 2 buttons and a few LEDs...

Pricing for the Livewire is $569.00. You should check with me periodically, I usually have used units laying around. X2's that is. Either way you are from the same state so getting together to tune shouldn't be a problem. BTW- I really enjoy my Livewire.

+1, nice to have the 5 digital "guages" to keep an eye on things. When I was tuning for E85, I kept the STFT, LTFT, Fuel Pump DS and Injector DS up with the water temp. Great way to go if you don't want to add a bunch of guages! 0-60 and 1/4 mile timers are run to mess with too...

It has been a while since I was trolling the SCT pages. Is the live wire compatible with the "PRP" system? Long ago, I was going to get the Pro Racer Pacakge, so I can tune my own engine. Can I do it with this or do I need another piece of hardware? If I can use the X3/Livewire, is it ready to roll or do I need to add a PRP / software package with the X3?

I guess it is time for me to start looking into the SCT pages and do some catch up. When I last looked at these, the Raptor was the tool to use!

Todd,
The livewire is compatible with the prp package. Although not necessary I offer a PRP package for your ride. If you purchase the Livewire I will load with three tunes of your choice and this should get you off and running. If interested you could couple the Livewire with a wideband send me the logs and I would make the necessary adjustments for free (obviously if you purchased the unit through me).-j

Back