SCT Tuner from Bamachips | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SCT Tuner from Bamachips

One thing that I do notice is that I am supposed to start with the Main Menu screen. But when I first plugin the unit, I get the Program vehicle menu as the first screen. I cannot find the main menu screen.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I tried rocket5979 suggestion, but I still get the error message that the file is not a valid LiveLoad file.

Damnit is Doug messin' with me!

Did you update or do a total uninstall and reinstall and reboot?

This has been the fix for this problem 99% of the time. The other 1% it has been when a moron tuner just changed the .MTF file extension name to .LL3 manually instead of actually converting it through Advantage 3.0. Thought I have my professional opinions of Doug and his lack of customer service I would think that he is not dumb enough to do that.

I went into Add/Remove program and removed the program from this section. Once removed I ran Registry Mechanic to remove all remnants of registry files and then rebooted the computer. Once rebooted, I went to SCTflash.com to download the 1.3.1 version of LiveLoad.

Looking at the actual file name, it does not contain the .LL3 extension in it. I can only see the .LL3 file name as a type of file when I put my cursor over the file name.

Looking at the actual file name, it does not contain the .LL3 extension in it. I can only see the .LL3 file name as a type of file when I put my cursor over the file name.

Do you know if you have your "hide extensions for known filetypes" box checked in your general folder options "view" menu?

Okay never mind about my frustrations of not being able to download the file to the Xcal2.

I noticed a problem when rocket asked me if the extension .LL3 was there. As I looked into the file I noticed that there was 0 bytes downloaded. Norton Internat Security was preventing the file from being downloaded. Once I went back to my email I downloaded the file (this time Norton Internat Security was truned off) and I dowl=nloaded everything okay.

Maybe there should instruction on how to download file from the internet for us tweebs that do not know that Norton needs to be truned of when I download .LL3 files from the internet.

Damnit, I should be more modest with my ranting and raving about how things should work!

Now lets hope that the new tunes is better than the first one.

Lets cross our fingers.........

By the way rocket, your vehicle has the flex-a-lite 210B on it. How well is the unit worling on the vehicle? Does it keep your engine cool even in hot weather with the AC on? How about warmup during the winter, does heat up faster?

If you decide you would like to change tuners give me a shout. I'll be happy to help. Thanks-james

I am surprised that Doug would not try harded since he is a site sponsor. I hear so many great things about him, but I am having a hard time believing it.
Go here and look at Doug's profile. He hasn't been on since the 24th of May. He isn't active on these forums. Doug used to be a vendor but now only a site sponsor. I believe that you will be happy with my tuning and customer service. I am very active and on these forums and post regularly. Contact me if interested. hensonperformance@bham.rr.com or 205-531-0598(C)-J

By the way rocket, your vehicle has the flex-a-lite 210B on it. How well is the unit worling on the vehicle? Does it keep your engine cool even in hot weather with the AC on? How about warmup during the winter, does heat up faster?

The 210B's are great. Keeps the engine very cool if I want them to. They will pull more air than I need them to if I adjust the thermostat control down. As for winter use??? Hehehehe, this truck is for racing use only so it doesn't see winter use. Also, it doesn't have a heating system in it either do definitely no winter driving.

Back