• Register Today It's free!

SCT Tuner from Bamachips

jprepotente

Reaction score
City, State
renton,washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 Limited
Anyone out there try the Xcal2 tuner from Bamachips?

I am experiencing pingin from 4800 RPM and above.

I am having some trouble trying to get some input from Doug on this and was wondering if anyone has had the same issue with the tuning?

When I first got the unit it took me about a week before I really got to let the hammer drop. I only drive the car on weekends and noticed it pinging heavily at the stated RPM range. I contacted Dave Vanek (explorer express) and it took about a week and a half for Doug to resend me anything on this. When I finally received the revised tune, the file could be uploaded using the method Doug had emailed to me about downloading the file to the Xcal2. I kept getting nthe massage that the file was not a valid LiveLoad file.

This has gotten frustrating and I am about to give up on this experience with the Xcal2. I heard some good things on this website about how great Doug is with the Xcal2 but I am at a loss as to what may be going on here.

Anyone with opinions, thoughts or comments please let me know. I would love to try and salvage my experience with Doug and the Xcal2.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone out there try the Xcal2 tuner from Bamachips?

I am experiencing pingin from 4800 RPM and above.

I am having some trouble trying to get some input from Doug on this and was wondering if anyone has had the same issue with the tuning?

When I first got the unit it took me about a week before I really got to let the hammer drop. I only drive the car on weekends and noticed it pinging heavily at the stated RPM range. I contacted Dave Vanek (explorer express) and it took about a week and a half for Doug to resend me anything on this. When I finally received the revised tune, the file could be uploaded using the method Doug had emailed to me about downloading the file to the Xcal2. I kept getting nthe massage that the file was not a valid LiveLoad file.

This has gotten frustrating and I am about to give up on this experience with the Xcal2. I heard some good things on this website about how great Doug is with the Xcal2 but I am at a loss as to what may be going on here.

Anyone with opinions, thoughts or comments please let me know. I would love to try and salvage my experience with Doug and the Xcal2.

The invalid file message is fairly common. It usually stems from having out of date SCT software. Download the latest update of Liveload from the SCT website and use that. It should work for you.

Doug's customer service is "lacking" to put it REAL nicely. I suggest if you have any other custom tuning needs that you go through a different tuner then he.

10 MINUTES!!! How's THAT for response time! ;)

Not cutting it, I want to see 9 mins lol

The Software that came with the Xcal2 is the same version as the one on SCT website (version1.3.1) Doug told that version 1.3.1 is what I needed but it still would not work.

Kinda sucks that I have spent $400 for all this hardware and that it is not working right from the beginning.

Are tunes available from James for the Xcal2?

Kinda sucks that I have spent $400 for all this hardware and that it is not working right from the beginning.

Are tunes available from James for the Xcal2?
That is what he does--:thumbsup:

The Software that came with the Xcal2 is the same version as the one on SCT website (version1.3.1) Doug told that version 1.3.1 is what I needed but it still would not work.

How long ago did you get the tune from Doug and how long ago did you download Liveload? Download your software from the SCT site itself uninstall your old stuff, reinstall the new and it will most likely work. Allot of people have had this problem and that is pretty much the problem, is that the incompatible versions of tunefile to loading software.

I received the Xcal about 3 weeks ago. The unit was on order 3 weeks prior to this and I thought that maybe it was too long to wait for the unit to be ready for shipping.

I got the revised tune on Sat last week and I downloaded LiveLoad on Sat when I received the revised tune from Doug

I received the Xcal about 3 weeks ago. The unit was on order 3 weeks prior to this and I thought that maybe it was too long to wait for the unit to be ready for shipping.

Uninstall Liveload, reboot your computer, go to www.sctflash.com and download Liveload again, install it. That will fix your problem.

What is the extension for your tunefile? .LL3, .XTR, .MTF, .ZCF???

I am surprised that Doug would not try harded since he is a site sponsor. I hear so many great things about him, but I am having a hard time believing it.

It should work then.

Just do what I said before with the software and that should take care of you.

have you installed the most recent drivers for the x-cal 2?

The drivers are not the problem here otherwise it would show a different message regarding device initialization failed and another message that I cannot remember at this time.

What OS are you running on your computer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I tried rocket5979 suggestion, but I still get the error message that the file is not a valid LiveLoad file.

Damnit is Doug messin' with me!

Back