SeaFoam Qustion's need help???

BadBoy

Reaction score
City, State
hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer
Hello i need some help
I just ran some sea foam in to my engine on my 1992 explorer. I let it sit for 10-15 minutes then started it up and ran it for 3 minutes and it ran fine.I noticed no smoke came out like everyone said.Then i pulled the M.A.F out and cleaned it like on the trend form snapon about the MAF being drity and giving wrong code's.
So i cleaned that and un hooked the nagative cable for about 20 minutes to reset the computer then i hooked every thing back and now it runs like crap and there are lots of black smoke coming out of the exuast.Could this be from the seafoam.

BadBoy
Sorry for the long post.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

make sure you pluged the MAF sensor connector all the way in and its making good contact

Originally posted by boominXplorer
make sure you pluged the MAF sensor connector all the way in and its making good contact

I checked it and it is pluged in good i also unpluged it with th engine running and it got worse so im thinking that it is not the M.A.F .
Also there is no check engine light

BadBoy

Well i just drove the explorer for about 10mile and i still got smoke coming out of my exuast but only when i step on the gas.Also it still runs like crap and want's to stall at idle.

I took the M.A.F off again and notied on of the sensor's came off on one side but was still thouching the metal and the check engine light never came on.
So i carefully soidered to be sure and started it an ran it for awhile and still the same thing no change and no check engine light.

Thanks
BadBoy:( :(

Sounds like your IAC is the problem. I may be wrong. Please correct me if I am wrong. :)

did you make sure to reconnect the vacuum hoses?

sounds like the MAF is to blame. Go to a junkyard and try one to see if it would better.

Originally posted by boominXplorer
sounds like the MAF is to blame. Go to a junkyard and try one to see if it would better.

Thanks I was thinking the same thing but i thought that the check engine light would come on.
Also if the MAF is bad would it cause smoke to come out of my exaust when i gas it.
Anyone know if i can use the MAF off other ford car or truck's.

Thank's
BadBoy

Back