• Register Today It's free!

SeaFoam

RIcArDO1697

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer '00 Sport
hey guys do you recommend me put a can of seafoam on my explorer, seafoam can harm my SOHC engine???:rolleyes:

Seafoam !

Great stuff ! I've used it in the crankcase ( Motor treatment ) to clean out the engine, in the gas tank to clean out the fuel system, in my transmission ( Trans Tune ) to try to get it to shift more smoothly, in my motorcycle when I un-retired it after 4 years of sitting. Never had the slightest problem. Also, I've left it in the crankcase for 1,000 Kms with no problems. My .02 BN

hey guys do you recommend me put a can of seafoam on my explorer, seafoam can harm my SOHC engine???:rolleyes:
i dont recommend putting it On your explorer, that would be a waste of money, the best results come from putting it In your explorer. -end sarcasm-

i just started using seafoam a couple months ago in my 4.0 SOHC and have not had any Ill results.

i put a full can in my gas tank once a month now. i have noticed a slight mpg increase and smoother idle. never tried it in the crankcase, dont think i ever will, but i will continue to use a bottle a month in the tank.

There are a ton of threads on here about the stuff. Do some searching, you'll find a lot to rad. I've run a couple of cans through my Ex with no harm done.

Back