Seat is cracking | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Seat is cracking

Just to say that I do not have any issues with my 2015 Sport leather. I took these pics a few minutes ago with my cell phone (sorry about the quality). At 7 months, 9,085 miles :

161397495.gif

161397496.gif

161397494.gif

161397493.gif

I use Groit's Garage Leather Care once every couple of months. No care other than that.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cracking problems continue

I have the same problem they have replaced the seat once but it has continued to look cracked again I have email ford dealer but I would like the problem fixed any Ideas for me My wife love her Exploder but the seat issue continues to be a problem

How is your driver's side seat wearing?

My 16 Sport has 17000 miles and the drivers seat, to me, seems to be wearing rather abnormally. I'm very easy on my things, so I'm not beating up in it. But the leather, center seat bottom is "buckling"
lnd becoming loose/wavy. Also the back is starting as well. And on the side bolstering, it appears the leather is wearing off. Of my 17k, id say 15k of those had someone in the passenger seat, and that looks basically brand new.

Can anyone post their mileage and pics of how their seats are holding up so I can gauge if I'm crazy or need to tell the dealer, along with 5 other things lol.

Thanks.

Do you condition your leather?

My 17 has 13k on it, everything looks pretty much factory fresh.

I hit the driver's seat every two-three weeks with a cleaner and conditioner. But I'm a little excessive.

Leather requires a little TLC to keep looking fresh, lest it dry out, crack, etc. I will try and get you pictures later today.

Get it looked at by the dealer. I've had leather "fail" in a previous vehicle and gotten it replaced under warranty.

Yes, I do take care of the leather. I use pretty expensive "LeatherMasters" 3 step process every several month. It's widely known as some of the best leather care out there. But the leather seems to be stretching and buckling rather then wearing out.

Seats as promised:

IMG_0514_zpsediydsyq.jpg

IMG_0516_zpsukn2o9qz.jpg

Get it looked at by the dealer. I've had leather "fail" in a previous vehicle and gotten it replaced under warranty.

That's good to know that dealer might cover replacement seat leather cover. I have some wrinkles forming on my left side driver's seat cushion with only 9K miles on it.

That's good to know that dealer might cover replacement seat leather cover. I have some wrinkles forming on my left side driver's seat cushion with only 9K miles on it.
Don't be surprised if they say "it's normal". I had the same thing on my 2011 Limited and it never bothered me.

My explorer has 70,000 miles on it, and I noticed the other day that the seat has 4 small cracks in the leather along the same line where the transfer dye from my jeans is on the outside of the seat. Does anyone else have this? I found an escape service bulletin for this issue, but nothing for an explorer.

Usually, the best way to find out if anyone is having a similar issue is to first do a 'Seach', Your thread was merged with this one. Perhaps it's time to uses some leather conditioner if you haven't already. Good luck.

Peter

so cleaning the car yesterday and there is a crack in the seat of my 2016 Explorer. Between the 2 seams on the LH side of the Driver seat. I didn't take a picture.

cracked from one side to the other clean though - I think it might have been there a short while. (month or 2) Car has 88K miles on it and is 5 years old (bought June 2015)

Back