Seating the bead on mower tires

EBInterceptor

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Ada, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport
So how do you mount riding lawnmower tires, I was able to get them on the rims with a couple screwdrivers, but couldn't get the beads to seat. I've seen where people would spray fluid in them and ignite. Somehow I got one to work with some carb. cleaner but the other one wouldn't work. How is that exactly done? Any other easier ways to seat the beads? Most places won't mount tractor tires.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Someone told my dad that, we don't have a ratcheting strap, probably something that would be good to have a couple around. I'm not sure if he got this problem fixed since I'm not at home anymore, but I'd like to know how if I have to replace any tires again. The rears look like they're next to go so some more may be in the near future. Thanks for the help, anyone know how to do the flame-up way properly?

Either!

Or any other highly flamable spray, spray it in the tire, light a match, bead seated! ;)

Maybe I should have used more! Typically I don't have a problem with not using enough flamable fluids. :fire: (My pyro face)

Ratchet strap...Using ether will work, but A) you might wreck the tire..and B) you might wreck yourself.

Those were my concerns about using the fluids. Ratchet strap seems to be the safest route then. Thanks again for the information.

wow.. glad you asked that! i had the same problem this weekend! now i know how to do it in the future without so much cursing and twisting and more cursing and stuff. the dump trailer's tires went on no problem.. but dang those others.

I've done several full size tires with a ratchet strap (last one was Spas's in the snow) and it works great!

Back