• Register Today It's free!

Second seat removal

linn traxel

Reaction score
City, State
Great Falls Mt
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
This is my first thread/forum. I have a 2013, explorer XLT. So far I really love it. I have a problem removing the second passenger seat as I need to get access to the receiver for the seatbelt as it is not keeping the seatbelt latched. I bought another part to replace it but I cannot seem to get the seat off the rear hooks. This is not a bench seat. I have removed the 4 nuts that hold the front of the seat to the floor and found out they are under spring tension so getting them back into the holes maybe some challenge. How does the rear seat hooks get released from the bars. I looked for a release bar but could not find one. I have one loose closest to the door but is now hung up on the middle hook. I have tried rocking it back and forth to no avail. There are two chrome, what seemed to be latches on the bottom back of the but they would not move. This should have been an easy fix but just can't get the seat to release.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I'm guessing you are talking about the 2nd row bucket seat? Is there not a release handle on the side of the seat? Mine were power fold so I never really paid attention to that. I just looked at a picture of my 2011. I see a strap on the seat. Do you have same? Have you tried pulling on it?

Peter

Attachments

• PA130139_1.JPG
    PA130139_1.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 139

Back