Section525 - SAS D44 - Page 2 (Finishing... maybe) | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Section525 - SAS D44 - Page 2 (Finishing... maybe)

The other thread was a little too long and a little too old. :( So this is where you can keep up and give great input and advice so we can all get this project out on the trail as soon as humanly possible. :)

So today I had some time and motivation to get out into the shop. Here is what was accomplished.

001.jpg

Bend up some new taller hoops. These will give me more room to grow. They'll also allow my new bling Ballistic Fab shock tabs to angle down giving tons of clearance to the shocks. I also have some BF lower shock mounts which weld to the c's. They're an inch or so higher than my current mounts.

002.jpg

The Pro-Tools notcher. Super bad. Now I keep my retarded cut-off wheel notches out of the build. :confused:

003.jpg

Way better notch than I could ever do.

004.jpg

Pretty high. Looks like I'll have to have a yard sale to get rid of the items that used to be there.

005.jpg

Hugh hoops! It'll all make sense when you see the other side. I'm clearing my FJ60 steering box over there.

006.jpg

Tabs and shock in. Lookin' good.

007.jpg

Both sides. It's as done as it's ever been! :p:

008.jpg

And this is where I left off. I cut the engine brace shorter than I wanted to. I'm a total newb at this bending stuff. So I'll have to wait until Monday at the earliest to pick up some more 1.5".

But I do have about 30' of 1.75" laying around. We'll see what the motivation level is like tomorrow. Maybe I'll start some bumpers! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here is my list, Steve:

1) New M/C w/ proportioning valve
2) Toyota IFS steering box w/ new steering shaft (this will hopefully fix some steering issues)
3) Install IAC Spacer (I was a stalling **** at t-haven '06)

The run this month isn't looking do-able. But, I'm shooting for the MLK run since hopefully IZ will be there and it'll give me more time to get ready, and more seat-time in the Explorer.

Maybe these Sac area guys, ahem, colindo94, will carpool down with me. :)

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

The run this month isn't looking do-able. But, I'm shooting for the MLK run since hopefully IZ will be there and it'll give me more time to get ready, and more seat-time in the Explorer.

You know the Turkey Day run is coming up in about 7 weeks.:D

Maybe these Sac area guys, ahem, colindo94, will carpool down with me. :)

O' Great, now Johnny has a "I Have A Dream" speach!

Id be there...but I currently reside in Boulder, Colorado.

I like the zip tie method of holding your front brake lines on, hah. My rear brakes are just dangling there.

ARB is bad ass! I emailed them on a Sunday night about not getting a 'compressor' switch cover with the compressor. They called me the next morning and sent me a new switch no questions asked. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Now I'm really going to have to get on the rear locker install. :cool:

Attachments

• switches02.jpg
    switches02.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 2,229

...Do you have a bigger area picture of that switchboard, just showing where it's located and set up???

...After reading this I called ARB and told them I was missing the locker and all I got was a switch...They didn't buy it...:D

attachment.php

It's just a 7"x7" plate that I broke at the top. It uses the factory bolts under the ashtray to mount. Works for now.

...Thanks for that...I am trying to think of different ideas for someone elses custom switch panel...:biggthump

...Thanks for that...I am trying to think of different ideas for someone elses custom switch panel...:biggthump

You should do yours like Jamie did Julee's:

okay part 4, hooking it all up!

wiring6.jpg

You can also see the Cobra CB installation, her fog light switch, DVD player switch, and bass control knob... its getting crowded down there!!

I spent Sunday finishing this up and detailing the truck, Ill get some better pics with a CLEAN engine and interior LOL
everything works 100%, FJ + 4.56 on 33's = SCOOTS

Lockers work great, cant wait to hit the trails!!

...I like that too and it will work well with all the other persons switches...I guess that plate was modified from the FJ...:scratch:

OMG all this talk about where to place a few switches!! Just put it on them on top of the roof already :p:

For the Ranger or the Ex?

This "other" person must not want their identity revealed for fear that they are going to upgrade their truck and it still may not perform potentially causing them to be on the receiving end of a tow strap for the rest of the day.

...This "Other" persons truck, like Section, will not be making it to TH...But I will pass the info along when I see him this weekend...:D

Now that this thread has been throughly hijacked

hmmmm Wonder how one leads on the end of a tow strap? ;):p:

Little bit of a winter update. :)

Got a smokin' deal on some 37x14 IROKs. They'll be awesome in the snow. Running them on the 8" wheels for now. I'll probably do a DIY beadlock kit on my steel wheels and throw these tires on those wheels. But for now:

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 4,725
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 7,542
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 1,567

Back