Securicode not working/lighting up | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Securicode not working/lighting up

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is a good standby option but not too practical in the dead of winter.🥶

Peter
main-qimg-6f9bf94b827a112017561e2b93c6eeae-lq.jpg

That is a good standby option but not too practical in the dead of winter.🥶

Peter
I’m experiencing the same thing on my 22 ST.

Had two Sports before this with zero problems (with the touchpad).

I can’t figure a pattern. It has happened with the driver’s door in direct sunlight for 60+ minutes, as well as wet during a rain storm. It almost seems like the touchpad has gone to sleep and won’t respond to physical engagement.

I haven’t “waited it out” yet to see if the touchpad “wakes up”. I’ve used the app to unlock the door and then everything is fine.

Man, I hate to admit this, but I'll be licking my finger from now on too. Let's just hope we've washed our hands when we're locked out of our cars.

Great suggestion though... makes sense that it would work with it being capacitive.
I just make sure nobody is looking :)

I took mine to the dealership and explained what's going on, showed them the video of the pad not responding, and they are replaced the part for me. I'll update here if it's fixed.

I took mine to the dealership and explained what's going on, showed them the video of the pad not responding, and they are replaced the part for me. I'll update here if it's fixed.
I have a 2020 Aviator with the same keypad, and the same issues. The dealer replaced it, but it didn’t fix anything. The problem persists, but I can’t duplicate it with enough reliability for them to troubleshoot. If anyone has any ideas as to what could be causing, I would appreciate it.

Yes, I realize that this is an explorer forum, but the system is the same in this case. Also, FWIW, I have a 2021 Corsair with the same keypad with absolutely no issues. Very strange.

I have a 2020 Aviator with the same keypad, and the same issues. The dealer replaced it, but it didn’t fix anything. The problem persists, but I can’t duplicate it with enough reliability for them to troubleshoot. If anyone has any ideas as to what could be causing, I would appreciate it.

Yes, I realize that this is an explorer forum, but the system is the same in this case. Also, FWIW, I have a 2021 Corsair with the same keypad with absolutely no issues. Very strange.
Interesting. Mine has worked perfectly since replacement. Possibly bad batches of keypads?

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
have you tried moistening your finger first? Not sure if that will work. Do you start by just pressing the numbers? If so, try running your fingers down the pad from top yo bottom first and see if that will activate it.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
have you tried moistening your finger first? Not sure if that will work. Do you start by just pressing the numbers? If so, try running your fingers down the pad from top yo bottom first and see if that will activate it.

Peter
Hi Peter. Thanks for the welcome.

I haven’t found that moisture makes a difference (I.e. if it is raining). I’ve actually found it more finicky in cold temps and blowing hot air on my fingers helps a bit. I know, first world problems, but it is annoying for such an expensive vehicle.

We had a 2017 Explorer Platinum with the capacitive keypad and don’t remember having these issues.

It’s really odd as my 2021 Corsair works perfectly.

Back