Keyless Entry (Securicode) Door Pad Not working | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Keyless Entry (Securicode) Door Pad Not working

Hi Mike. Are you able to lock the vehicle using the keypad as per the Manual's instructions?

Peter
Peter, No will not lock. I have changed the battery a couple of weeks age, but i think key pad was working after that. I don't us the door key pad a lot.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think that changing the car's battery would affect the Keypad. Forgive me for asking Mike, but are you sure you are entering the correct number?
I think I could count on one hand the number of times I've used the Securicode keypad over the last 10 years. I don't know what the code is but have it encrypted in my wallet just in case.

Peter

Hi Peter..thanks for the update...yes mine is not working..i saw several posts where users said they broke it taking it off..was wondering if i can get it off first without breaking it to check it out..i know it has the two sided tape...just planing on looking into it..didnt know if it was "guaranteed" to break in half if i pull it. Thanks Peter
Any update on this Terry?

Peter

Peter, No will not lock. I have changed the battery a couple of weeks age, but i think key pad was working after that. I don't us the door key pad a lot.
see my post #142 on the previous page. Not sure if you want to try that?

Peter

Any update on this Terry?

Peter
Hi Peter..yes i did manage to get mine off slowly with fishing mono filament line it was bad replaced with fomoco new all problems gone...thanks for your help...Terry

Keypad woes...

I had the same issue, but mine is still under warranty. I've owned and played with these for decades, in fact I have a 25 year old with the system, so I know them inside and out. I tried every trick I could think of without success. I even stumbled across the code that worked every time... Unfortunately it was the same button 5 times. The factory code never worked nor did the one I would program thru MFT. The dealer spent about an hour with the car and returned it as now fixed.

Sidebar:
They gave me the code which was the same buttons as the factory code, however the tech just used odd numbers. I indicated O.K. that is the factory code I have. The tech disagreed and indicated he had no idea where I got that from but xxxxx was the code! It was a funny conversation pointing out that code 13579 is EXACTLY the same as code 24680. The tech was miffed even tho I went out of my way not to insult him.

Anyway, I went to the car and after about 5 tries, I got the code to work. They came out and were wondering if there was a problem. I indicated it worked, but I must need to learn how to push these buttons as I am struggling to get it to work. I have been able to get it to work about 1 in 7 - 10 attempts. Further the code I entered thru MFT has only worked once.

I think the keypad itself is defective. I recommend you try the same number 5 times and just go down the line to see if that does it. If it works you will need dealership help to correct that. From there make sure it works each and every time before leaving the dealership. It may save you a return trip!
I am not sure by going down there line. I have the factory code. I have had it work 1 in 8 trys. I have had to 2 bottom buttons to lick work once. one time the unlock code worked the alarm went off.

I am not sure by going down there line. I have the factory code. I have had it work 1 in 8 trys. I have had to 2 bottom buttons to lick work once. one time the unlock code worked the alarm went off.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I'm guessing this is not on your 2003 Explorer?
The member you quoted was last seen here on June 7, 2018.

Peter

Back