• Register Today It's free!

See Through Radiator Hose

amigodana

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Tx.
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Exp 2WD conv. to 4WD

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

aimgodana,

Slick toy.

Let us know how it works out. I want one.

I work offshore sometimes also.

Be safe out there!

Chris

Thanks, swshawaii.

And yes, I will let you know how it works out shucker1.

I figure this is a great way of keeping up with the condition of my cooling system, which is one of the most important parts and quite often overlooked until it gets almost too late. Cheap insurance if you ask me.

I've heard about them leaking. IMO I'd just run the factory hose and maintain your truck on a regular basis. I have one of those filters on my 96 at the moment because the idiot who did my engine work did a horrible job cleaning my cooling system. Soon as I feel it's clean I'm pulling it off and putting the stock hose back on.

1997XLTRollover, I am not quite sure where it would leak at, its not a filter?

Its a sealed glass tube that would connect directly to the hoses the same way that the hoses connect to the engine and radiator.

1997XLTRollover, I am not quite sure where it would leak at, its not a filter?

Its a sealed glass tube that would connect directly to the hoses the same way that the hoses connect to the engine and radiator.

It leaks at the couplings. At least some of the ones I've read about do. If it's plastic they tend to crack too over time or if you clamp them too tight trying to get them to stop leaking. Could only be specific brands though. The one I have has been said to do that but I just put it on and had no leaks. Haven't put any miles on the truck yet though.

1997XLTRollover, I think there may be a misunderstanding here. I think we are talking about two different animals.

As I mentioned, this is not a filter and it does not have any couplings. It is one solid piece of Glass and not plastic.

I do, however, think I know which one you are talking about and I agree that I would not trust that filter type. It does seem to have too many flawed points as you have shown. Thank you.

Let me add a video here of the one that I will be using. The first one was done on a Harley V-Rod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frgDtZ0S07A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htFTPfxQQyg

Second (Samurai) link in your OP shows as a filter. Also does not say if the filter is serviceable.

AWW, YES!!! SORRYYYYY!!!!!!

My apologies! Yes that is a filter, and as he he did point out the problems with the filtered ones. I will not be using that one. But its the other single unit piece that I will be using.

It's not really the filter that leaks but the extra coupling in the middle of your rad hose. It's two extra connection points to leak. Although the one you have shown seems to have 3 ribs which will probably seal fairly well.

It would be a good place to put a pantyhose foot filter.

Back