Service Engine codes PO135 & PO155 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Service Engine codes PO135 & PO155

kenc195

Reaction score
City, State
Chandler Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Mountaineer 2WD V8
2002 Mercury Mountaineer, 2wd, 4.6L, 208,000 miles.

Service engine light soon came on. Truck was running smooth and showed no performance symptoms. I got home and connected my OBD2 and got codes PO135 & PO155. O2 heater element issues

I reset the codes without doing any repair. The truck started and died immediately. When I turn the key, the ignition appears live, dash warning lights on, door open chime. When I turn the key to engage start, NOTHING!

I reconnected my OBD2 and get errrrr message.

What have I done? Where do I start.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

po135 and 155 are o2 codes, so if they aint reading right and you start it up after clearing, it may have to relearn for a bit. but that is odd though, havent heard of clearing codes causing an obd error or kill ignition. did you clear the codes while running? afaik youre not suposoed to, but ive done it before with no bad effect

I cleared the codes with the engine off, ignition on.

I cleared the codes with the engine off, ignition on.
then i'm not sure what caused that. i wonder if theyre unrelated. it doesnt crank over right?

Wont crank at all, like it's dead. I thought starter/starter fuse, but it did start then died immediately.

thats really odd. i wonder if its still relearning. if it aint how its supposed to be it may take a bit. this is odd though.

I sure love having odd things happen to me.

Back