Shaving emblems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shaving emblems

mehedgec

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
I'm working on painting my Explorer satin black. I've got most of the car in black primer currently and am finishing up the body work.

To get rid of the holes in the hatch where the factory emblems were, I just sanded down to bare metal, used a ball peen hammer to knock a dent on the hole, and filled the dent with bondo and sanded it smooth. Turned out great:cool:

Now onto the front. I want to pop the plastic ford emblem out and fill it. What can I use on the plastic grill to fill the emblem hole since it is plastic?

That bondo wil rattle out especially if you have a system. I did the same thing but grinded the inside and out to bare metal and fill with jb weld,good glog on inside,then bondo it.i also did the key hole.they make bondo for plastic,me im taking all the bumper side plastic crap off,its all taped no holes

That bondo wil rattle out especially if you have a system. I did the same thing but grinded the inside and out to bare metal and fill with jb weld,good glog on inside,then bondo it.i also did the key hole.they make bondo for plastic,me im taking all the bumper side plastic crap off,its all taped no holes
Well I knocked a dent on the hole, so it would have plenty to grab hold of. I don't see how that will rattle out, but I guess I'll find out in the future.

I already got the side moldings off, and boy was that adhesive a pain. It looks so much better without it though.

Yea it looks way different. If you did both sides and not the keyhole,anything under a 1/4" your be good.

Back