1991 Ford Explorer Emblem to New Emblem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1991 Ford Explorer Emblem to New Emblem

CJExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT 4X4
Okay, I was asking people how the emblem for the 1991-1994 years comes off and here is why...

Heres the back of my explorer and how the Emblem looked stock.
DSC05123.jpg

TBars4 was right in saying "there are holes are on the rear hatch...the left side has one 3/8" hole and 1-1/4" hole...the right side has 3- 3/8" holes...;)"

/QUOTE]
Here is my tailgate showing where the emblem was and the two holes
DSC05191.jpg

I used fishing wire to take it off, the emblem had two plastic peggs were the holes were

Here is the inside of the tailgate showing the holes
DSC05192.jpg

Used a scraper and some rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball to get the adhisive off
DSC05193.jpg

Here is the finished product:thumbsup:
DSC05195.jpg

What do you guys think?

I have one more emblem available if you guys like how it turned out.
The emblem is a little different than mine, but brand new
Emblem1.jpg

Emblem2.jpg

$20.00 Including shipping
PayPal Payments Only

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lookz great, hahah If I were you, I would find an Excursion, Chrysler or get the plate and put an "S" before the "E"
So it will be dubbed "The Sexplorer"
lol
:D

...haha, i told you so...:p:

...that looks sweeeet...:thumbsup:

i really like that mod.. looks liek thers a LOT of black stuff left on the tailgate..but when you hav the new emblem on ther it looks really clean.. did you clean it mre after the photo or it jus tfit perfectly over that stuff?

As i said above...

Used a scraper and some rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball to get the adhisive off

I was using "goof off", but that basically smeared it around, once i used the rubbing alcohol It came off pretty easy

cj wher you at man? did you still want that radio? i want that emblem if y ou still got it!

Lookz great, hahah If I were you, I would find an Excursion, Chrysler or get the plate and put an "S" before the "E"
So it will be dubbed "The Sexplorer"
lol

Just like back in the day we would marry the Taurus SE and LX badges and make the "Taurus SEX"

Looks awesome:thumbsup:

I put one each fender.
DSC_0011.jpg

Looks good on the fender:thumbsup:

Never thought about putting them there.:eek:

I also still have the one available for sale $20 Shipped, through paypal
^Pictures are in the post above^

how do you put them on? adhesive or do the pegs hold em in?

The emblem has an Adhesive backing:thumbsup:
I had to put the emblem a little more left of the original emblem to make sure the letters covered up the holes, but you could also fill them in.(but thats more work)

that fender looks really good.. looks like the old rangers.. CJ- whered y ou get the emblems?

Oh man i so need to do this. Im working on finishing my hatch. I didnt take the time to fill in the holes because i was going to put the factory emblems on but now i just cant do that. I need these!!!

I still got to get the lettering done for the explorer forum stuff but other than that its just needing the emblems

Explorer-6.jpg

Yep if you buy brand new ones they already have the adhesive tape on the back. If you get used ones then you have to added it yourself.

I bought a lot of of 4 or 5 off of e-bay for like $20 give or take.

Thought I'd toss this out there as well...I put this style on my rear hatch to cover the holes. But I nicked the paint so that's why the V6 badge is so close.
It's from an Escape along with the XLT badge...again e-bay.

Now I just have to get rid of that horrible looking dealer sticker:p:

DSC_0010.jpg

I got them from a local guy who worked for ford in town and i bought them for 20 each.Thought id use the other one, but decided not to.
$20 Shipped to your door (Paypal Payment) and this one can be yours

Come on, Im actually loosing money by shipping it.
Emblem1.jpg

Emblem2.jpg

Theyre brand new as you can see...still in package!

is it just me or does burns' rig look yellow in that picture?

i like the ideas of 'sexplorer' and my g/f got a really good laugh out of the taurus 'SEX'.

is there a company that makes emblems or something? a custom emblem would be cool to stick on, but a PITA to buy a bunch of emblems just to get specific letters.

Yes the cameras have a hard time getting my explorer to look right after i painted it lime green. In the extreme sun cameras freak out ahah

whaddya know? i'd start tellin people you have a chameleon paint job, lol

it changes with the sun...and the camera ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice job though. Where did you get the EF decal?

Back