• Register Today It's free!

Shock swap.

snakeman5911

Reaction score
City, State
Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 limited 5.0
Hey guys. Been awhile. Was wondering if you guys know of any coil over air shocks that would be a bolt on fix for my 98 limited. it has regular shocks on it right now but, last week I was pulling a trailer to a family members house and when I got back I had noticed that I had bottomed out the snubbers under the frame. It sits low anyway cause of the shocks not being factory. I would like to put some air coil overs so I can adjust the ride hight and maybe be able to pull a trailer without bottoming it out. Any help will be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

shocks have nothing to do with how it sits,

it's the springs that are wore out, that causes sag, all shocks do is regulate the movement,

i havent seen anything like what you are looking for, but if you can find coil over air shocks for another make/model maybe a little fabrication is in order

they don't make a coilover and air together,, it's one or the other,,

edit,,
i looked they actually do, but they are expensive,,

Air Shock

I swapped out my factory shocks for a set of gabriel Hi-Jackers. It was a little over 60 bucks from autozone and i was able to have an adjustable rear end. It rides better and is adjustable. so they do affect how the truck sits. i love them though.

Ok. Spent a little more time under the Ex today. Corkey you were right. The leaf springs are about straight across the axles. I will be replacing them with some F code springs out of a 01 Ex. Now that I know what to do in the rear. What do I do to raise the front? Since it had ARC, It has no coils up front. The only thing I can think of is to install longer shocks. If there is another way or other suggestions let me know.

Ok. Spent a little more time under the Ex today. Corkey you were right. The leaf springs are about straight across the axles. I will be replacing them with some F code springs out of a 01 Ex. Now that I know what to do in the rear. What do I do to raise the front? Since it had ARC, It has no coils up front. The only thing I can think of is to install longer shocks. If there is another way or other suggestions let me know.

If you are trying to raise the front you can do a torsion bar lift. Search torsion twist or TT on here and you can find out about it.

Back