• Register Today It's free!

Shocks for 96 4x4

bluethunder

Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT
hey guys, its about that time. i need to replace the shocks on bluethunder. i have done the torsion twist and im looking for some good shocks that will work with the lift but are also not too expensive. any recomendations would be appreciated. thanks

PS- i also need to know a good place to order the shocks from

bluethunder:

I am in the same shape as you. My shackles are in the mail and then the torsions twist and then new shocks. I want something that beefs up the suspension and gives a firmer, less rolly-polly ride.

Anyone with advice would be great. Emphasis on price b/c I have spent way too much today alone on my "new" lil' Bronco. I don't care about brand, I care about performance for the buck ... Thanks

Bluethunder, so a search on this subject. It's been well discussed on this board, including buying shocks that have been relabled and sold at a lower price. Check it out.

BTW, I use the Edlebrock's and I love them....

Ive got your shocks

I have what you guys are looking for. I have a 1996 explorer and ive just changed the shocks. the edlebrocks are great and pretty but can you afford 75 $$$ a pop. the great news is that Gabriel shocks makes edlebrocks with the key being the VST ride system elebrock calls it the IAS system ha ha. and whats the great great news. well ride down to your local PEP boys and pick up 4 of the best shocks they got. there $19.99 each and they are as far as i know the Edlebroks without the fancy boots and red paint.There Gabreils top of the line SUV gas shocks. DONT PAY FOR A NAME. REMEMBER EDLEBROCK MAKES HEADERS AND MANIFOLDS NOT SHOCKS.

Back