• Register Today It's free!

Rancho shocks

CarFreak146

Reaction score
City, State
Shawnee, Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Explorer XLT
Ok, I've searched on here, and didn't find anything.

Vehicle:: 1994 4x4 4-door

ok, now, what did you guys who wanted Rancho shocks, with a 94 X do when you found out that they only made shock for the 94's that were procued through Nov., but also needed more than a 1.5" lift shock?? Did you have to special order it, or did you go to a different company that makes a lift shock for the Xplorer application?? If so, where did you go and how big of a lift shock is it? And also, while I'm here and typing, is it better to buy a shock that is the same "length" as your lift, or go with a taller shock for future lifting needs?? will it hurt having say, a 6" lift shock underneath your 4" lifted X for a while? I really hope that makes sense, and I thank y'all in advance for all your help.

--Ryan

you can bottom out a shock and rip the rod through it if its too long... if it is too short, it will limit travel.....

Screw the Rancho shock and just get the Skyjacker shock. People will tell you they're too firm, they give you a jarring ride...Bull'ish! The Nitros do a great job, and they're easy to find. Don't waste your time looking for Rancho shocks, trying to guestimate the proper fitment/length. The trouble just ain't worth it.

Good luck,

-Ken:afro:

Back