• Register Today It's free!

shocks

ltoughguy

Reaction score
City, State
rochester ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 mountaineer
I installed some monroe sensatrac's a couple of weeks ago and was wondering if anyone else had installed these and wasn't happy . I don't like the stiff ride and wanted to know if the gabriel vst's would be better.

Hi. I heard better reviews with the Monroe Reflex shocks. I hear the technology in the Reflex is similar to the Edlebrock IAS shocks which seem to be the highest rated among members in this forum.

You can do a search on Gabriel VST shocks on the forum. When I did, I got a VARIETY of opinions. One ranged from constantly blowing (lasting only a few weeks) and near-stock ride to better than stock ride and long-lasting. Pretty varied opinions, if you ask me. Later.

Gabriel VST shocks

I just insalled 4 Gabriel VST shocks on my X this past weekend. I ended up putting Gabriel Pro Ryders in the rear and Gabriel LT's in the front. Im no mechanic but the guy at Autozone said that I should be fine with different shocks in front and rear.

Well what a difference. My head no longer hits the side window when I go over a speed bump on an angle. Im very pleased.

And for about $20 each and a life time warrenty you cant loose on the Gabriel VST shocks. I installed myself in about 1 hour.

I started to buy a set of the Gabriel VST at Pep Boy's last week and the salesman and I started up a conversation, and he basically said the Gabriel's have lost some of their quality and aren't the shock they used to be, and if he was going to install new set low cost shocks he would go with Monroe's.

Back