Short cycling / High side 400+ psi | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Short cycling / High side 400+ psi

bigjoncoop

Reaction score
City, State
Melbourne
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Explorer XLT V6, Ironm
I just picked up a 97 Explorer and I'm having some AC issues. The previous owner said that the AC used to blow somewhat cold until recently. Never checked it out though.

DETAILS:

The compressor is cycling on and off approximately every 10 seconds.

I put a set of manifold gauges on it and when the compressor kicks on the low side will drop down to about 40 PSI but the high side climbs all the way past 400 psi, then the compressor kicks off.

OVERCHARGED?

THX

I just picked up a 97 Explorer and I'm having some AC issues. The previous owner said that the AC used to blow somewhat cold until recently. Never checked it out though.

DETAILS:

The compressor is cycling on and off approximately every 10 seconds.

I put a set of manifold gauges on it and when the compressor kicks on the low side will drop down to about 40 PSI but the high side climbs all the way past 400 psi, then the compressor kicks off.

OVERCHARGED?

THX
Wow that is insane I believe you either have a really dirty evaporator and condenser or you have a clogged orifice tube

Wow that is insane I believe you either have a really dirty evaporator and condenser or you have a clogged orifice tube.
Come to find out the vehicle has an electric fan and they are not operational.

So there is no air flow across the condenser coil. I believe that might be part of the problem... 🤔😜

Come to find out the vehicle has an electric fan and they are not operational.

So there is no air flow across the condenser coil. I believe that might be part of the problem... 🤔😜
Well that will do it lol

Back