• Register Today It's free!

short help

wheels

Reaction score
City, State
nova scotia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 aviater
i have a strange elec short my power mirror switch makes my power door locks lock and unlock wen you move it and if you use the power door lock switch to lock the doors it will blow the fuse fore my dash clock you can use the key fobe to lock doors and un lock and it is fine and you can use the out side key pad that works fine and sum times the doors will lock on there own and if it does it will pop the fuse and to day wen i try it wen i lock the door the drivers rear window
went down is there a body module some ware that control the memory seats and mirrors

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have a strange elec short my power mirror switch makes my power door locks lock and unlock wen you move it and if you use the power door lock switch to lock the doors it will blow the fuse fore my dash clock you can use the key fobe to lock doors and un lock and it is fine and you can use the out side key pad that works fine and sum times the doors will lock on thare own and if it does it will pop the fuse and to day wen i tryd it wen i lockt the door the drivers rear wind went down is there i body moudro sum ware thanks fore any help

sorry it is a 05 aviator

I don't know what a "moudro sume ware" is but an Explorer would have broken wires in the wire bundle that goes to the driver's door.

I don't know what a "moudro sume ware" is but an Explorer would have broken wires in the wire bundle that goes to the driver's door.
is there a body module ore computer i have look at the door wires they are fine if you lock the door from the pas side it blows the same fuse you can use the power door lock switch in the rear it works fine

There is no computer or smart phone app that checks for broken or shorted wires. You just have to get in there and dig until you find it. I would say, "Start with a wiring diagram" but the idea that the mirror switch has an effect on the door locks tells me it's a problem in the wiring. Those two circuits don't touch in my Explorer and I don't know why they would touch in your car. That's the obvious place to start, and I always start with the obvious.

Take off the driver's door interior panel and move the rubber boot out of the way to inspect wires in the hinge area.

i have a strange elec short my power mirror switch makes my power door locks lock and unlock wen you move it and if you use the power door lock switch to lock the doors it will blow the fuse fore my dash clock you can use the key fobe to lock doors and un lock and it is fine and you can use the out side key pad that works fine and sum times the doors will lock on there own and if it does it will pop the fuse and to day wen i try it wen i lock the door the drivers rear window
went down is there i body moudro sume ware thanks fore any help
There is no computer or smart phone app that checks for broken or shorted wires. You just have to get in there and dig until you find it. I would say, "Start with a wiring diagram" but the idea that the mirror switch has an effect on the door locks tells me it's a problem in the wiring. Those two circuits don't touch in my Explorer and I don't know why they would touch in your car. That's the obvious place to start, and I always start with the obvious.

Take off the driver's door interior panel and move the rubber boot out of the way to inspect wires in the hinge area.
i have had all the wiring out of the drivers door my lincoln has memory mirrors seats there must be a memory module i think under drivers seat i have not taking it out yet

Yep, I'd check wiring under drivers door hinge boot. there are several 12 gauge wires constantly being bent at a 90. eventually they will fatigue

BTW, I do like the comment about there being no app to troubleshoot it.

Yep, I'd check wiring under drivers door hinge boot. there are several 12 gauge wires constantly being bent at a 90. eventually they will fatigue
i have had the hole thing out of the door it is fine

If this year vehicle has a GEM module, I would start looking there. Lots of info about water leaks dripping down the a pillar to the GEM and causing a lot of electrical nightmares like this.

From what I read it is located at the rear of the interior fuse panel, under the dash.

If this year vehicle has a GEM module, I would start looking there. Lots of info about water leaks dripping down the a pillar to the GEM and causing a lot of electrical nightmares like this.

From what I read it is located at the rear of the interior fuse panel, under the dash.
nope took the box down no sign of water shorting it is strange i will find it and they do not list a gem fore mine

Back