Should I change? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Should I change?

BrianW

Reaction score
right now i have 3 12 JL w0's in a custom JL box. I was thinking about having a custom bos made so i could house 3 12 JL w3's. Do you guys think its worth it or should i just live with what i have..I have plenty of power to run the w3 too..
Thanks for the help or suggestions...
Brian

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What in the hell do you need to have 3 12" subs in an Explorer for? If you cant get enough bass out of your 2 12"ers with one good competition amp you need to get 2 better subs not 3 crappy ones! By the way get rid of those JL crappy speakers and buy some real subs! JL is only good because they have good marketing and advertising people so they are popular. They have a ****ty paper cone and weak magnet with really bad tin connectors. Go out and buy a set of Phoenix Gold 12" competition subs with gold mega connections and check out the difference in cone construction and magnet weight. POP those babies in your box and use a decent amp and you will see a HUGE difference!

Jordan

Hey Jordan714,

I have 2 12" Pioneer 400w subs in an R/T bandpass. I just got a new Pioneer amp that is 360.2. I'm sure there are subs that could be better matched to this amp and box bandpass box. Do you have any suggestions?

I wouldn't call the JL's crappy. My bros got 1 12w3 and the thing can shake the picture frames in the house...and the neighbors. They might not be the best of the best out there, but they're not crappy. crappy=wal mart subs

Jordan714,
Hvae to be different..Everyone has 2 12's. How many people have 3. Just haveing fun..and i can tell you that i can hang with those phoenix gold 12's especially if i get the w3's.

I agree with the Godfather... JL subs are good speakers. I am not one for the 12" size of speakers but the 10" are great and if I can hear them in my brothers car from the far bed room in my house I think that is plenty of power...

------------------
Kris Guilbeaux
--
http://www.tisd.net/~guilbeau/explorer.html

jordan I can tell you have never ran JL before and be sides the speakers being crappy ,, If I recall correctly a couple of years back before the cerwin vega strokers came out JL held the SPL metal. so I would'nt call JL crappy!!! I've ran JL before and they are quit impressive. But if you want a sub that will eat up even a phionex gold sub try runing ECLPISE ALUMINUM SUBS those will blow your mind away!!!

j. greathorse,
those eclispe subs kick ass. They also kick the wallet too..i think i'm going to stay with my w0's for a bit. I know the JL's can hang with just about anything out there. Its all about the efficiency of the speaker and the space it has to work with. I just know finished all my door speakers and my truck is now sounding good. you can now hear me coming by that i mean you just don't hear the boom, but also the highs.
Brian

j. greathorse,
those eclpise subs kick ass. They also kick the wallet too..i think i'm going to stay with my w0's for a bit. I know the JL's can hang with just about anything out there. Its all about the efficiency of the speaker and the space it has to work with. I just know finished all my door speakers and my truck is now sounding good. you can now hear me coming by that i mean you just don't hear the boom, but also the highs.
Brian

sorry about that..i thought i stopped the first post quick enough to check the spelling of eclpise, but eh..
Brian

SOMETHING YOU MIGHT BE INTRESTED IN JASON IS IF YOU GO TO WWW.SOUND-CREATIONS.COM AN ONLINE STORE SCROLL DOWN THE MAIN PAGE YOU WILL FIND A PICTURE OF A SUB A DAMN AWESOME SUB ITS CALLED AUDIOBAHN ITS A TWELEVE ITS ALUMINUM AND IT KICKS SOME ASS!!!! @ 150 BUCKS YOU CANT GO WRONG i CALLED SOME PEOPLE AND THERE OPINIONS WERE THESE SUBS FOR THE MONEY ARE BETTER THEN ECLPISE!!!!
P.S. OH DID I FORGET THEY EVEN CHROME PLATE THE BASKET FOR A TRUE KICK ASS LOOK!!!

J. greathouse
sorry about screwing up your name in those earlier posts..the stereo place where i go one the of the guys there has an astro minivan with a wall of those audiobahns. That **** is tight..I was curious to where you guys all live and the places you go for your ****...
Brian

OHIO USUALLY MAIL ORDER PLACES LIKE DISTRIBUTERS IN NEW YORK JERSEY MANHATTON THEY USUALLY HAVE STUFF FOR ABOUT 40 PERCENT OFF RETAIL PRICE

Hey greathouse,

what part of Ohio you in? I'm looking to move to the Cincy area... just curious!

(PS: could you pleeeeeeease ditch the ALL CAPS, it does make it harder to read)

Thanx

------------------
92EB
Some days you get to be the Statue,
some days you get to be the Pigeon!!

will you guys do me a favor and read my post in the audio section called rear sub box over wheelwell and tell me what you think?? thank you for any in put.

Back