should i get a suspension lift for a '98 ranger instead of explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

should i get a suspension lift for a '98 ranger instead of explorer?

jcwaters1

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
why do all the sites that sell suspension lifts only carry the explorer parts through '97 or even '94? should i get one for a '98 ranger? btw i have a '98 XLT 4.0 SOHC

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok does anyone know what that one from superlift costs? i dont have time to call right now

about $2k. If you want the upgraded axles then its about another $500. Its not necesary but recommended. plus your alignment and if you choose new rims/tires/etc

but the kit comes with everything you need. leaf springs/ 4 shocks/and all hardware up front

whoa thats a little steep for me. anything cheaper out there? or is there a mod on the front end to be able to get more lift without binding the cv joints? cuz i could get an add a leaf, and warrior shackles, but then the back would sit way higher then the front.

imo i havent seen add a leafs work out well for anyone. You could twist the torsion bars a bit more to get about 2" at the most from what i hear.

If you do TT, shackles and an add-a-leaf you can get about 2". Thats what i did and so far its worked out.

If you wanted you could do an SOA and just buy the front end lift parts from superlift, go to their website and call them up.

Back