98Ranger front lift to a 97 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

98Ranger front lift to a 97 explorer

Ace

Reaction score
City, State
Springfield, Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Sport
Curious what all is involved with converting the 98+ ranger 4x4 front lift to a 97 Explorer 4x4.

The reason I ask is I have fond a company that is producing a 6.5" lift and a 9.5" lift for the 98+ford ranger 4x4.

The rear torsion bar bracket has to be modified to work on the 95-97 model Explorer, then you have to either do a SOA or buy new lifted springs. Since you re talking about 6.5-9.5 inches of lift on the Ranger kit, they are probably blocks for the rear, since the Ranger is SOA, which then you would probably want to go SOA also, which means you will also have to buy the Super Spring over axle conversion kit, or weld new spring perches your self.
What company is selling the 6.5 and 9.5 inch lift?
I run a 4" Trailmaster 98 Ranger kit.

I found the lifts at www.truckinsuspension.com

Also can you be more specific about the modifications needed to fit the front end ? The reason I ask is I am wanting to run 35" tires but I want it to be functional.
I have been told to run a 1.5" torsion twist 1.5" shackles and a 3" ranger body lift. I am looking to make a very trail worthy rig.

Back