Show off your LIFTED 1 Gen | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show off your LIFTED 1 Gen

Ive been looking and its hard to find the 90-94 explorer's with lift kits, so i decided to made a thread were everyone can link or post pics of there EX, and or mod's, i am working on a soa right now.

9883IM000952.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

When did rough country make a 6 1/2 lift kit?

Beats me, the lift was there when I bought it, and all the shocks and and springs and stuff say Rough Country and BDS, maybe he pieced it together not sure, but all the parts are Rough Country and BDS.

Beats me, the lift was there when I bought it, and all the shocks and and springs and stuff say Rough Country and BDS, maybe he pieced it together not sure, but all the parts are Rough Country and BDS.

Ah ok, I just been looking at lifts trying to decide which one I want and could afford.

my 91 isnt lifted yet so im not going to post it haha. and just noticed that a couple of guys in this thread are from oregon like my self.

updated pics

IMAG0026-1.jpg

IMAG0203.jpg

IMAG0210.jpg

IMAG0209.jpg

Makes me miss mine.. And it was nothing like that.

wheels and tires

what size wheels and tires are on your truck it has the perfect stance. they look like a 15x10 and a 33 whats the back spacing? great looking X!

love the stance of your truck!

well i finally got my bumpers where they belong, and my brush guard on, now its time to find some square KC lights for the front, and i have a 4 inch lift waiting... currently it looks like this with about 3.5 inches suspension and 2 inches of body lift..

what size wheels and tires are on your truck it has the perfect stance. they look like a 15x10 and a 33 whats the back spacing? great looking X!

I didn't realize the pics of my explorer had been reposted, thanks 93240sx that's quite a compliment.

extremix, not sure if you were talking about the Mr Basket explorer or mine. The Mr Basket explorer looks like it has the wheels and tires you said, mine has H1 double bead locks which are 9.75" wide and 16.5" dia they have been recentered with aprox 3.5" back space. On the waterfall pic the tires are 36 x 12.5 x 16.5 goodyear military tires in the other pics the tires are 39.5 x 15 x 16.5 tsl super swampers.

My explorer is for sale btw, check the classified section, it's a heck of a deal!!:D

That pic is crazy

your explorer is sick! and those action pics are crazy but i was actually talking about Biggs92EB. granted its not as full blown as yours is but would be a great starting point. i cant decide weather i want 4 or 5.5 of suspension and 15x8 or 15x10 on 33s it up in the air between superlift , james duff and tuff country trying to decide. the only thing i know for sure is the 33s. lol biggs92eb is at the bottom of page 7 of this thread

What year is your Ex, also what year did those rims come from? I have a '94, & want to take the rims from my '04, put them on my '94, & get new rims for the '04. Thanks.

3 Inch bodylift
In the front i have F-150 coils with custom 1 inch spacers and coil retaining clips custom shock mounts and relocated brake lines.
Aftermarket 2 peice camber/caster adjusters

The rear is a Jeep comanche leaf pack with AAL and custom shackle (same dementions as warrior 153 shackles) and a custom braket on the frame because the jeep leaf has a bigger front wrap. I also relocated the shock mounts and brake line mounts. The softer leaf works well for crawling but its a little scary on the street.

I ended up with about 2 1/2 lift in the front and 3 in the back plus the body lift. Now i need to replace the 31's with 33 12.50's

Attachments

• rsz_1img01171.jpg
    rsz_1img01171.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 3,111
  • rsz_img01159.jpg
    rsz_img01159.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 3,471
  • rsz_img01141.jpg
    rsz_img01141.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 3,161
  • rsz_2img01197.jpg
    rsz_2img01197.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 3,214

Here's my before and after
SOA rear, Superlift brackets and arms with SJ coils and F150 seats up front
with 32's

Enjoy

how much did the parts for the front end lift run you total?

Bump there is way more lifted 1st gens on this forum, post them up!

737088_250_full.jpg

Heres mine again, I can drive it around and flex a little now, I took it up and down my road and alley. It rubs the radius arm at a hard turn either way,This is the first truck i have ever drove that had boggers, and wow its one viberating ride haha. It should be a little better when the steering and brakes are rebuilt. With the steering as loose as it is it shakes like a motherfuker

what size tires are you running?

Back