show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread | Page 33 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

yeah, so i wanted to separate men from mice and see your LIFTED explorer.
(yes, i´m gonna steal ideas for my soon to be x)
also this thread could be really cool for everyone else who´s into jacked up trucks.

keep 'em coming!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

after a little search I did find half of the area that we used to wheel back in the late 80's
half of it is all built up and I am a little hesitant to do much with it just being me. I would need another truck there Just in case.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

where are you located anyway?

Was in Dunedin Fliorida Just near Clearwater. Until last November until I moved back to Mass.and I just had to get out of that crazy heat.
But now I live in New England where there are actually temperture changes.
In Florida there was just hot and hotter.

TheFox88 said:
I can only see one other absolutely vital mod. :D To paint that red stripe black. Thats the best mod i did. Not to mention it would look soo sick with the whole blackout look.
I did this to mine as well. Looks much better. :thumbsup: And swap out those flares for some that don't need the "side skirt thing". I got mine from Kris Guilbeaux(?) off his Navajo and they look sooooo much better.

speaking of flares I just bought a set for mine off of ebay.
should be here this week...

317999_99_full.jpg

763875_81_full.jpg

763875_88_full.jpg

WOW both your trucks look amazing guys! i love the front bumpers... looks great! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

yeah... i'm gonna agree with jimbo, and both of your trucks look amazing. i've always liked the black on white that you have goin toddious. and the 15x10 rims give your truck a very aggresive stance.

BigDave!!! said:
what kinda flares did you get?

only paid $60.00 for them will install next weekend.

they are black plastic.
similar to stock flares.

I love seeing all the updated pics, and wanted to subscribe to this thread... Your trucks are amazing...Here's mine ...
826348_8_full.jpg
826348_11_full.jpg

mynameisaric said:
i've always liked the black on white that you have goin toddious. and the 15x10 rims give your truck a very aggresive stance.

thank you very much. from the beginning, i decided to make black my offsetting color. seems to have worked out pretty good. glad you like it! todd.

kslhol: please tell me those arent autozone shackles, because they've been known to fail offroad, but other than that your truck looks good.

have had autozone shackles for close to 4 years now and never had a problem with them at all..

mynameisaric said:
kslhol: please tell me those arent autozone shackles, because they've been known to fail offroad, but other than that your truck looks good.
Yeah they are just the generic lift shackles you find at the autoparts store. The only trail my truck sees is the one between my house and the Wal-Mart. Its basically my wife's daily driver, and they seem O.K. for any off roading she does in the parking lot.

I just removed the running boards and had the holes covered with Line-X body armor coat a couple of days ago. It turned out pretty nice.
826348_13_full.jpg

man toddious has a 5in lift with 33s and noticing that he just has enough room from the fender to tire, im gettin a 4in and 33s and in my mind, taking an inch off his X would be pretty damn tight for mine, anyone got pics of a 4in and 33s? or any input?

kslhol said:
Its basically my wife's daily driver

That's why I didn't see it in the parkinglot at work. I'll have to look for the Intrepid next time :)

SteveO2569 said:
man toddious has a 5in lift with 33s and noticing that he just has enough room from the fender to tire, im gettin a 4in and 33s and in my mind, taking an inch off his X would be pretty damn tight for mine, anyone got pics of a 4in and 33s? or any input?

you're gonna have a very hard time doing this. i had to do some major trimming to mine to fit 33's with 5" lift. i also got 12.5" wide tires on 10" wide wheels, but even with 10.5's you're gonna have a tough time.

DirtyDog said:
That's why I didn't see it in the parkinglot at work. I'll have to look for the Intrepid next time :)
I can't afford to drive the ex 80km's a day back and forth to work. I'd have to get a second job to pay for the gas. I'm not a plumber eh.. That's why I bought the Intrepid. Its great on gas.

Saw you driving down Mayor Magrath during Street Wheeler's weekend. Looked pretty good.

Back