Suggestion For Small Life and Bigger Tires | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Suggestion For Small Life and Bigger Tires

MyExplorerOwns

Reaction score
City, State
Dexter, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
Any suggestions for an (inexpsnsive) small lift that i can do so i can put some bigger tires on?

and suggestions for bigger tires? -brand/type/size

also skid plate or new bumper - something so nothing gets dammaged on steap inclines/declines in the front... b/c the only thing that i damaged on the body (that i know of... haha) was the very front bottom bumper, that has holes for the fog lights, and dont want it to get any more damaged if i bring it back out there.

THANKS again guys
-Pat

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ummm.... try a search you'll find tons of info for what your asking.

The simple approach is a TT and shackles and you can get 31x10.50's on there with no problem.

search torsion twist 101-all the info for that and shakles- there are 2 mainly used by guys on the site. warrior shakles and cheaper version of them at autozone

With a TT and shakles you can run up to 32" I am running 32x11.50x15 Kumho venture M/Ts

Tim

quite a few people here are funning 32's on TT and shackel lift....harman is one of them that comes to mind

It is possible to adapt a Ranger front skidplate, this has been done on the Sport Trac board, but it's beneath and behind the bumper and won't protect the bumper itself. Otherwise you're looking at something custom fabbed.

how much **** is involved with the 2"bodylift on a 99 sport. like relocating things (radiator, steering, trans ****) it seems liek a real pain in the ass just so i can fit 33x11.5. I have 2 1/4" shackles homemade and TT so i can prolyl get 32x11.5 no prob (will they fit on stock rims)

BL arnt the hardest things in the world.....a case of beer and 2,3 guys with an impact and a bunch of PB plaster can make pie out of it in a day......for the 2in you do not need to do the steering extension.....you dont need to relocate the trans....its not to hard....(we did it on a guy i knows chevy....bumper brakets can be a pita though for the ex

ok i just went on truckperformance.com and found superlifts 4 in leaf sprign for 128 each which isnt too bad...what option do i have for the front. TT only gives liek 2 inch up front. i mean is there anyother way to do it without a SAS...how is the f150 setup with the coils...any possibel way to convert

cisurfer said:
what option do i have for the front. TT only gives liek 2 inch up front. i mean is there anyother way to do it without a SAS...how is the f150 setup with the coils...any possibel way to convert
You'll have to go with the full Superlift kit. An SAS works best with an early Bronco front axle because it's already the right width, specifically a 76-77 which already has disc brakes. A lot more work than putting in a Superlift kit and possibly more money since those axles are scarce as hen's teeth and a rotted-out pile of early Bronco is going for $4000 and up.
RCD and Dixon Bros. make taller kits than Superlift but they cost more too.

Back