Size of bottom grill for LED light bar | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Size of bottom grill for LED light bar

Hey guys,

I have a 99 X and was thinking about adding a LED light bar in the bottom grill on the bumper of my truck. Does anyone happen to know the size of that bottom grill or if a 22" bar would work well there? I know I can go measure but I am not able to during work and keep forgetting at the end of the day so figured I would ask. I wasn't able to find any specific specs in a quick search so if I missed something I apologize. Thanks in advance for your help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm actually also kinda wondering this. I believe you mean the open space in the bumper (i think the 99 XLT has the same bumper as the 99 sport?) and I don't happen to have a tape measure (amazingly enough)

I'm actually also kinda wondering this. I believe you mean the open space in the bumper (i think the 99 XLT has the same bumper as the 99 sport?) and I don't happen to have a tape measure (amazingly enough)

Yeah, I am referring to the open space in the lower bumper. I attached a picture with a rectangle around the area. I now have a grill guard with 2 Hella lights on it but this was a clearer shot from earlier on where you can see what I am talking about

Attachments

• DSCN0014.jpg
    DSCN0014.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 214

I dont have that gen explorer so Im really just guessing like a kid who tries to guess how many jelly beans in the jar, but I'm thinking a 30" will fit

Measurements are 26"W x 3"H.

damn it! I went over. Guess I'll have to wait for the next showcase showdown

Back