Skyjacker steering stabilizer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Skyjacker steering stabilizer

4x4explorer1994

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Explorer XLT
The title says it all im just curious does the skyjacker stabilizer come with mounting brackets iv looked and it just doesn't say ? And if so will post pictures of installation

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It should come with the brackets, mine did, but I got the dual steering stabilizer. Best bet is to call Skyjacker and ask them. Don't have any pictures of install, but it was pretty straight forward. Hope this helps.

I lied, I did have one. The brackets are the golden colors you see. Not sure what if any difference there is for the single. I should also mention, angles changed somewhat after this picture was taken when we installed the bigger drop down pitman arm.

Attachments

• Dual%20Steering%20Stabilizer.jpg
    Dual%20Steering%20Stabilizer.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 8,309

20130519_142947_zps5abffa41.jpg

20130519_142932_zpsb010e24c.jpg

20130519_142924_zps8df19195.jpg

Does it look right looks kinda crazy because of the angle

everybody worries about the angle, so why not put the stabiliser between here and here,, ???

make a bracket that fits the pitman arm

Attachments

• stabilizer 2.jpg
    stabilizer 2.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 9,002

It doesn't matter to me. It works good for me so I'm not complaining but I have just heard it crazy angles and its not bad for it. Is it ?

I don't see it hurting anything as it is... however I don't need nor run a steering stabilizer at all on mine (35x12.50 tires). I think stabilizers are band-aids to cover up steering & suspension problems.

I do see the angle of your steering linkage itself needs some attention (needs a longer dropped pitman arm, or swapping a better linkage on it entirely). If you're having some issues, I would certainly deal with that first.

Some info here:
http://www.therangerstation.com/Magazine/winter2008/steering_tech.htm

Back