Slamming 2nd gen (Three threads merged) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Slamming 2nd gen (Three threads merged)

colestelter

Reaction score
City, State
Queen Creek. Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 explorer 5.0 rwd xlt
9FE40BAF-602F-4DE1-A7F7-CEAEB7095F85.jpeg

3 inch blocks in the back and torsion bars loosened (i think they still need to settle). I want the back and front to be tucking tire, anyone know where i should go from here??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum. Check the links in the "best answered" post in this thread:

Looks cool!!

recently i dropped my explorer with 3 inch blocks in the back and loosened my torsion bars in the front to the max. i’m gonna be moving up to 5 inch blocks in the back but i wanna level the truck in the front more so it’s not squatted. will buying torsion keys help me get lower with the torsion bolts already max loosened? and will this affect the safety of the ride i know the ride quality won’t be as great

Re-clocked drop keys will get the front lower than two inches, but you'll likely run into other serious issues. Getting a good alignment is going to be difficult without replacing the stock upper control arms with shorter UCA's designed for lowered trucks or drop spindles which have never been made. BTF Fabrication makes custom extended uniball UCAs for lifting, but not for lowering. Second would be downward shock travel which would be non existent even if you could go five inches lower. All this doesn't matter because the rubber bump stops would have to be removed and your upper and lower control arms would always be making contact. IMO, be happy your three inch drop or look into an air bag or coil spring conversion which will be very expensive.

i saw these online and was wondering if any bodies ever used them or bought from these people. if so any complaints and how do they fit and do they give you a good amount lower
2F31E12B-C181-4893-A5E4-99A178A627E3.png

looks like it may have a small block on it to lower. other than that no comment on the brand etc

looks like it may have a small block on it to lower. other than that no comment on the brand etc
yeah and they have a lot less grad to hold the axle higher i think but i’m not sure if i should buy while i’m running my 3 inch blocks

so 3" blocks plus those? sounds like those perches are almost gonna be riding the ground ;)

so 3" blocks plus those? sounds like those perches are almost gonna be riding the ground ;)
that’s the plan 🫡 still gotta figure out how to get the front lower i haven’t seen much info on that

Back