• Register Today It's free!

slow coolant leak from weephole

cerberusaardvark

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer xlt
so with less than a thousand miles on my top end rebuild, i noticed that i have some serious oil leaks from the rear main seal, which i know i cant do anything about without removing the transmission. i noticed a slow leak from the crank pulley seal too, which is new but might go in hand with my coolant leak.

im worried about my coolant leak from the weephole of my new water pump though. its brand new along with the fan clutch, fan and water pump pulley. new radiator and new hoses and heater core, thermostat, and everything. i havent even taken the rpms up above 2500 yet and everything else seems to work fine.

its a pretty slow leak, but i know they can speed up and im wondering what this is a symptom of? im hoping i dont have to pull the pump but if its neccesary ive done it once and could do it again in a day.

if the water pump leak itself is a symptom of a larger problem, then i need to know as well. i dont want to swap in a new pump and have it weep again.

Usually the weep hole leaking is an indication of a failing water pump (seal issues). What brand pump did you install?

It was an acdelco from rock auto. The seal is felpro and I used ultra copper rtv know both sides like a sandwich.

Back