Smal water leak in engine bay after high pressure car wash | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Smal water leak in engine bay after high pressure car wash

sumzxr7

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 XLT - Magnetic
Hi -

First time poster long time reader...great site I may add.

I have a brand new 2013 Explorer XLT - its been great so far but I was wondering if its normal to have some water leak into the engine bay via the cowl after a high pressure car wash? its not a lot of water gettiing in but I was just wondering if any of you have ever noticed this ? Im sure some of you may have never checked - as I only came across it as I am **** and wanted to clean the engine bay as well...

The water dips on to the engine cover and then dips off of it...not a lot just enough to make a small 5cm puddle with dips after a high pressure car wash...i dont want the dealer taking it apart only to find nothing wrong and then never having the cowl sit right again....if you know what I mean.

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Hi -

First time poster long time reader...great site I may add.

I have a brand new 2013 Explorer XLT - its been great so far but I was wondering if its normal to have some water leak into the engine bay via the cowl after a high pressure car wash? its not a lot of water gettiing in but I was just wondering if any of you have ever noticed this ? Im sure some of you may have never checked - as I only came across it as I am **** and wanted to clean the engine bay as well...

The water dips on to the engine cover and then dips off of it...not a lot just enough to make a small 5cm puddle with dips after a high pressure car wash...i dont want the dealer taking it apart only to find nothing wrong and then never having the cowl sit right again....if you know what I mean.

Thanks in advance,

Regards
Welcome to the Forum sumzxr7. I've only hand washed mine so I can't say for sure but I wouldn't be surprised to see some water getting into the engine bay when using a high pressure wash. I don't think I'd be concerned about it myself.

Peter

So we understand - you washed your Explorer in a high pressure car wash and there is a tiny puddle of water in the engine compartment?

If that is the question, engine compartments are not fully enclosed. Lots of ways for a bit of water to get in there, especially after a high pressure wash.

Thanks for the reply guys much appreciated..this is what I figured...just wanted to see if this was happening to others - but it makese sense - not going to worry about it..

Thanks again ..

Cheeers.

Back