• Register Today It's free!

Smelly Nissans!

bhults

Reaction score
City, State
Forked River, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Eddie Bauer
I'd like to think that I'm particularly perceptive, but maybe someone can verify/clarify this for me...

Ever been behind a Nissan product--any Nissan product: Infiniti, Nissan, car or truck and notice a very distinct exhaust smell? It smells like rotten eggs and is particularly noticeable when the driver is really stepping on it. I wasn't sure it was only Nissan's till my sister got a Maxima (which I drive quite hard, thank you), and I noticed it in her car. Anyone else notice this and/or know what causes the smell? Just food for thought.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My buddy Toyota is the same way and his is brand new,the dealership told him it is the cat and there is not alot they can do about it:(

My GFs Taco smells like that...

It's all that rice they use building them.

This is a known problem with Nissan/Infiniti and Toyota/Lexus. So far no smell on the FX35 but my Lexus and my son's ES300 smell horrible on Shell fuel.

Its directly correlated to the brand of fuel you run, the sulfer content doesnt burn off properly. Your sister should try different fuel brands until she finds one that doesnt create the smell. Mine never smells when I fill up with Exxon, so thats what I use.

Back