SMORR October 2009 lets set this up | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SMORR October 2009 lets set this up

Getting very close!!!! We will be there around Noon on friday, bring close that can get dirty! :) Will try to accumlate some wood from around park for a nice size fire friday night!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very excited, but feeling little rushed havent had chance to go give my explorer a good shakedown with its new meats- wanna make sure no obvious week links.

stupid ? but my gps is not liking the address giving on the smorr site. i found a Missouri K, but no state hwy k do you guys have a different address or does my tom tom suck that bad.

Phillip,
Just break out an old fashioned road map. :)

Smorr is 4.5 miles south of downtown Seymore on Rt K. Heading East on 60 HWY to Seymore, Before the street light, Turn Right at the Mcdonalds, go to stop sign, turn right. Follow that road over the train tracks, thru the square, to the next stop sign, turn left (south) . You will be on "K" at that point. 4.5 miles and your there!

The list needs a update in a bad way :(

Am I missing something? Other than I just took Ken off the coming list I didn't see anything else that needed updating?

Also a weather update would be nice :)
You want a weather update? Are you not from around here, they don't even know what it's going to do in an hour let alone 4 days from now.:D

Whats the park going to be like this weekend MR. OP?

Haven't we already covered that it's going to be a Halloween theme?

Well thanks to the OP, the list is updated to who is coming and who is not, also the revised list of the peeps maybe attending is cleaned up as well. Good job there OP.

As for the rest of you going, the weather here has been wet, very wet. The rains are going to continue today, and return on Thursday into Friday. This means the park will be very wet and Muddy. It does drain well, but we have had so much rain around here lately that it is slower than normal to dry out. The camp sites will most likely be wet as well, a tarp under your tent is a must have. Be prepared, bring plenty of dry clothes, and towels to clean your self and belongings. If your only on A/T tires, be warned that some areas of the park will be a little slippery, and you will not want to go out with out a partner vehicle and front & rear tow points attached to the frame of your rig.

It will be in the high 30's to low 40's for lows, but in the upper 50's to the low 60's for a high for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I am bringing a heater for the tent to have a nice comfy sleep with out my face freezing off.

If you have a tarp to bring, that would be a good way to keep you dry and not so full of mud in the event you have to crawl under your rig on the trails. A pair of rain boots & gloves are also a nice thing to have in your rig as well.

Most of the trail wood will be wet, so we might have to purchase fire wood from the park as well.

Bottom line is...WE ARE GOING TO GET MUDDY FOLKS!

Oh I love mud on trails, and in my tent.
Wait I ment trails only!! LOL

I think these tires will get me around, If i need to offer recovery Hopefully I can.
100_2582.jpg

Also it is rumored the possibilty of a 4dr explorer driving down the drop off ledge on doe skid?? Might make for good vids, this would be saturday later toward the evening.

Ah its pretty rocky i think all terrain would do fine, on most level 2s and 1's which are still plenty of fun.

And not my explorer going down it, or at least thats what Im telling my self right now.

It didn't stop raining all day. I decided to clear out the garage a little to pull the front of the truck in, allowing me to get some work done.
Oil Change $23.00
Both front frame tow hooks $5.00
Temporary front bumper Priceless:thumbsup:

Attachments

• gotwood 009.jpg
    gotwood 009.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,370
  • gotwood 008.jpg
    gotwood 008.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,472

Sweet! haha.!

Bring a sawzall in case you have to do some trimming to it..lol

It's Halloween! paint it black and then paint a set of scary teeth on it!

The tow hooks are a good thing to see on your rig. Your bumper is a good temp idea for the weekend.
It might need to be a little narrower than it is though. Your approach angle will be hampered a bit by it.

Heck, I'm toying with the idea of removing my front bumper for the weekend,..lol.!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back